SLI on non nvidia chipset drivers, can u help these guyz undertaking this project ?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by wolf2009, May 22, 2008.

1. wolf2009

wolf2009 Banned

GPU:
    BFG 7600GT OC
    Do any of u guys know how to mod nvidia drivers so that SLI will work on non nvidia chipsets , if u do maybe u could help these guys over here.

If u have access to 2 nvidia cards and a non nvidia mobo , u can help by testing the drivers , much appreciated.

Cmon bros's , lets accomplish this dream .

Take a look :

Thread 1 & Thread 2

2. tuco

tuco Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 460's
    No way on earth would I try this, but looks interesting.

3. wolf2009

wolf2009 Banned

GPU:
    BFG 7600GT OC
    anyone ?

4. Warboy

Warboy Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 2080 Ti
    It isn't possible, Just let it go man. They have different Encryptions per set of drivers. and with how often they come out with drivers, We might as well wait for a cold day in hell.

You would need a Team of 25 people or so. To undertake this project. And They need to be experts with coding.

5. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    Dont listen to them, I would like to here your progress :)

6. holystarlight

holystarlight Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4090
    Might wanna ask the people down at laptopvideo2go They been modding drivers for years maybe they can help you guys.

7. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    Actually I remember older nvidia drivers allowing you to on non nvidia chipsets o it not impossible. There was even some review that I ran into some weeks ago that was old, with them using some modded drivers to do it also.

I also remeber hearing about something doing it on ULI chipsets when they existed.

edit: it was the NGO SLI patch that NGO did for the ULI chipsets which allowed it, it was before nvidia bought ULI. They used the older drivers. Before Nvidia put something in the newer drivers to make the ULI SLI patch not work. And NGO never did make a work around to it.

So its do able. you just gotta get around what they put in the drivers then to stop the ULI patch from enabling it.

Last edited: May 22, 2008