Geforce 7600 GS Problem

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Hedgerat, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Hedgerat

Hedgerat New Member

Helloo,

Well.. just recently i bought a geforce 7600 GS 256 DDR2, AGP (8x)
    So, i installed the card, then the newest drivers,
    and then i tried to play World of Warcraft.
    As soon as i entered the world i got loads of lines all over the screen, some gfx bug.
    This will always be there even if i restart the game.
    The only way to get rid of it is to restart the pc
    When i try to play Css i get the error message:
    Renderer: Out of memory, message code 212
    What does all this mean?? and how can i fix it?? please help me!

My Specs:
    Pentium4,
    Xp home,
    3.06Ghz,
    (256mb+1024mb) ram,
    280W Power Supply
    Geforce 7600 GS 256mb DDR2

Thanks in advance
    Hedge

2. Deadman93723

Deadman93723 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX 260 OC2 MaxCore
    Well, for one thing that PSU is a worry, might need something bigger.

3. fx1

fx1 New Member

GPU:
    BFG Nvidia 7600 GS
    I just bought this card from Newegg.com and have had nothing but problems with it. =(

And I mainly bought it to upgrade my video performance for WoW. I initially installed it and when I tried to run WoW, it would freeze right after i click the Play button and it goes full screen or I would get a Blue screen of death.

BFG had me RMA it to them. I spent the money to send it back to them, received it back a few weeks later and it still has the same problems.

Of course BFG had me update my chipset drivers on my mobo, latest nvidia drivers, everything, updated, driver-wise. Except for flashing the bios which I don't really want to do.

Then they preceded to tell me that it was an IRQ problem, which it likes IRQ 19 of all IRQ's. There happenes to be at least 4 IRQ's open below IRQ 15 that it could use but, it does not want to use them for some reason. ACPI makes it impossible for me with my knowledge to change it to any other IRQ than 19. I tried disabling serial ports, lpt ports and such to free up IRQs. It still wants IRQ 19. And I am not sure that that is the actual problem because my old video card used IRQ 19 also without any problems. Btw, it's the only device listed on IRQ 19, so I don't believe it is sharing the IRQ.

My PSU is brand new, love it. So that can't be the problem. So, I just got off the phone with BFG for the 14th time and the tech is having me use Nvidia drivers version "84.21_forceware_winxp2k_english_whql". He thinks that version might be more compatible. So that is what I am going to try next. We will see how it goes.

I have read here and there that I am not the only one that this is happening to recently with this model. Has anyone found a solution for this particular issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4. NobleKnight51

NobleKnight51 Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GT 512MB PCI-E
    To FX1: Try taking it out and putting in the old video card, see if the IRQ changes, and then put the new one in. Worth a shot.

Doesn't the IRQ go off of the order of installation of hardware? Where do go to seewhat the IRQ values are for each piece of hardware? I'm new to it.

To hedgerat: Its either not getting enough power, you dont have it plugged into the powersupply, or you have a faulty card. I would suggest a newer power supply unit, and if you still get the lines, RMA the card and ask for a replacement.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2007

5. fx1

fx1 New Member

GPU:
    BFG Nvidia 7600 GS
    Yep, I did try replacing it with the old one and it uses the same IRQ 19, without any problems.

You can see what devices are using which IRQs by going My Computer > Properties > Hardware Tab > Device Manager button > View > Resources by Connection > Clcik the plus symbol next to Interrupt Request (IRQ).

I noticed we have the same video card. Have you had any problems with it? Thanks for your response.

6. NobleKnight51

NobleKnight51 Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GT 512MB PCI-E
    Nope, its a good solid performer. I have a feeling my PSU isn't giving it enough power though. Takes any old game with 8xS aa 16xAF @ 1024x768 and newer games at 4xaa 16xaf or no aa 16xaf @ 1024x768.

My IRQ is set at 18 for my video card, and that seems to work. But theres another one with IRQ 18 operating which seems a bit odd to me.

7. fx1

fx1 New Member

GPU:
    BFG Nvidia 7600 GS
    yea that patch that the tech told me to use/download said the card was "not supported" by that patch, lawls.

anyways, i think i have to get a new mobo for this card to work, which is not was i was planning to do atm. i don't think the msi k7n2 supports this card. i am going to try it with an asus board and see how that goes.

8. THE_BAIT

THE_BAIT Master Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 9800GX2
    Hi All

@fx1
    I recently put a Albtron 7600gs AGP in my daughters comp (Gigabyte Nforce3) had the same problem, Also tried in my wifes comp (Asus Nforce2) still no go!.
    I ended up trying on a VIA AGP mobo and it worked, It seems like some 7600gs dont play nicely with some Nforce boards, It only took me three days, 2 fresh installs of xp on both, plus 2 rma's to find it out.
    Hope this helps

Last edited: Jan 19, 2007