Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > General > General Software and Applications
General Software and Applications Trouble with software/DirectX or other programs like Detonator Destroyer.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Want To Edit My "msconfig startup" options?
Old
  (#1)
Roger_D25
Ancient Guru

Videocard: eVGA GTX680 SLI EK H20
Processor: 3770K @ 4.2Ghz
Mainboard: MSI Z77A-GD65
Memory: Team 2400CAS9 DDR3
Soundcard: X-Fi Titanium HD
PSU: Corsairs AX760i
Default Want To Edit My "msconfig startup" options? - 07-17-2006, 02:28 | posts: 4,336 | Location: New Hampshire

Hey Guys,
I've very recently reformatted my HDD's and reinstalled WinXP. This time around I'm really trying to optimize my OS for perfomace. So far I've done a great job of this but one of my last steps is to modify my "msconfig" options so that I'm only opening the "startup" programs that are needed.

Below are two screenshots of my entire list of "msconfig startup" programs. I'd like you guys to take a look at them and let me know which ones I can do without? I don't want to un-check any programs that are needed to start windows but would like to get rid of all the programs that I could just start manually when needed! Thanks for you help guys, its much apprecaited!

I just realized that the images are too small to read, I've tried to change the size of the image and also to post a different link from image shack with no luck. I'm gonna try to resize and upload the new images to Image Shack, and then repost the images here so people can read them. Sorry about this guys.....

Last edited by Roger_D25; 07-17-2006 at 02:39.