Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Affiliates > Rivatuner Generic Discussion forum
Rivatuner Generic Discussion forum This forum is intended for generic questions and discussion of the RivaTuner Utility. In this section the users help each other out with answers.

Fan profile creating graphical glitches?
Old
  (#1)
vyder05

Videocard:
Processor:
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU:
Default Fan profile creating graphical glitches? - 02-23-2008, 17:19 | posts: 2

Hi guys, need some help explaining something. I have been playing battlefield 2142 and after a few minutes, my screen sometimes looks like the attached image file. the cpu sometimes pauses, as if the adjust the fan speed and then the graphics get slightly messed up. This also happens in crysis but far less than 2142 and after restarting the game, everything is fine. I am wondering if the when the driver initializes a change in fan speeds, the process some how messes with the driver/game process thus creating a problem for the graphics of the game.

I have setup the fan profiles in the driver section of rivatuner because I followed the old guide that is different than the layout of rivatuner 2.06. I am wondering if I should create the fan profiles using low-level controls. currently I have been getting fan profile no longer valid messages and so I have posted that as well in a separate thread.

specs:
AM2 6400
Asus M2N-SLI deluxe
8800 gt
windows 2000 pro sp4
3ware raid 5 with 3x maxtor 200gb
2gb corsair ram

thanks.

P.S. how do i post images?

Last edited by vyder05; 02-23-2008 at 17:25.