Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Affiliates > ATI Tray Tools > ATI Tray Tools Generic Discussion
ATI Tray Tools Generic Discussion This forum is intended for comments, ideas and general discussion of the ATI Tray Tools Utility which is hosted here at the Guru of 3D. This forum is visited by programmer himself.

Bug in Fan controls?
Old
  (#1)
Dazed42
Member Guru

Videocard: Powercolor x800gt 256 mb pci-e
Processor: Pentium 4 2.8ghz with HT
Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-8i915p
Memory: 2x512mb corsair ddr2 pc-5300 dual
Soundcard: Realtek onboard
PSU: 450 watt
Default Bug in Fan controls? - 10-30-2007, 15:55 | posts: 54 | Location: Toronto

I have a really noisy x850 xt. I've been using the "auto fill" temp dependent speed settings for the longest time, but I decided to make an even quieter profile.

Problem is.. its not working right. As the temp increases, the fan speeds up accordingly..

But when the temp decreases the fan speed doesn't decrease accordingly.

As you can see from this image, the temperature has gone down past 2 markers (50 and 49) is at 48, but is still using the same fan speed as for a temperature of 52.

The settings have been applied, don't let the button fool you.

When the temp gets to 55 the fan does speed up to 100, and when it drops to 52 it does decrease to 86, but it doesn't decrease past that as it should.

So.. what's up? Is this possible to fix?

Old
  (#2)
Ray Adams
Ancient Guru

Videocard: ATI HD6950
Processor: Intel C2Q Q9550 (3.4GHz)
Mainboard: ASUS P5E
Memory: 8Gb Patriot Viper
Soundcard: internal
PSU: 900W
Default 10-30-2007, 19:23 | posts: 4,942

ATT do nothing to operate with FAN in Auto mode This is job of on board sensor. You just edit table , which will be programmed by ATT into on board sensor. So there are nothing to fix from my side.