The Guru3D Screenshot Thread - RTFM! #27 - READ THE RULES IN 1ST POST

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Jan 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Not really needed when there's Ansel support mwahahahaaa! :evil:

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I forgot about that, Ansel makes things a lot simpler and it's great to see it featured in more games even if can't really use it myself with this current GPU, ha ha.

Somewhat OT.
    Although for those who do more complex scenes and spend a lot of time for each individual shot (Up to several hours from what I've read, sounds a bit extreme but it certainly shows in the resulting screens.) well it might lack a couple of features still such as not allowing for full free camera control (Usually from my understanding it's limited to a area around the characters location.) or changes such as post-process effects, draw distance of various types (NPC's, vegetation or things like shadows.) though in turn Ansel does allow for super-high resolution images at the click of a button while removing obstructing UI elements and even simplifies 360-degree shots and comes with a basic set of color or tonemap presets.

Still Ansel is constantly improving and compared to before well it certainly beats not having anything at all, particularly for games that are a hassle with either custom or licensed anti-cheat software preventing injection via Cheat-Engine or other utilities whether it's altering the field or view or hiding UI elements. (I don't think Ansel allows for toggling shader effects like chromatic aberration and such though when those are hardcoded, unfortunately.)

A couple of games do include photo mods of various complexity but Ansel makes implementation faster and easier I'd guess so there's a greater chance of the game having such features.

Anyways far as Andromeda goes it has really impressive environmental visual fidelity likely as a result of the also very impressive Frostbite Engine though it suffers from various degrees of temporal ghosting which can cause smears or blurring in the image which can hamper things a bit.
    (Several of my images above have it since I'm using TAA as even a small amount of resolution scaling completely tanks framerate.)

Facial animations and animations in general can also be a bit poor though for a static image it generally doesn't matter too much.
    Up close during cutscenes though the really weird body proportions of the characters - action figure or how to compare. - or completely goofy facial expressions can be unintentionally humorous.
    (Which well it worked for AC: Unity I suppose, even if that was a unintended glitch causing that particular problem heh.)

Also the game appears to be compatible with ReShade 3.x (And earlier maybe?) so those who have some skill with post-process shader effect injection can probably make some interesting enhancements and presets for the game, well beyond trying to compensate for temporal AA with sharpening or adding on FXAA or SMAA as a alternative form of anti-aliasing heh.
    (Which is what I tend to use as a type of global basic preset for everything, haven't really familiarized myself with most of the other shaders provided but user made presets will probably also be very common for this game.)

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
  3. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    EDIT: These images are dead.

4. Scully

Scully Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 Gaming 1070
    Nier Automata + Reshade:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    EDIT: These images are dead.

6. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    It's funny you described him as an egg. First thing I thought... "Looks like Adam Sandler in space..."

7. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Huh when you mention it looking at Google for image references then with brown eye color and a full stubble it would have been pretty close to one of the images I found though it must be at least a few years since that image comparing against many of the more recent ones.

Can't really do wrinkles since the game establishes you (And the sister/brother - other twin.) as being around 22 years old, actually besides color there's not much you can do with the custom face beyond some very limited morphs, even scars and tattoos are pretty limiting and I wasn't a fond of the (lack of) facial hair and head hair either, body is completely locked too but eh the proportions are off on everyone in this game and archetypes like muscular or thin doesn't really do much when you're wearing non-removable armor most of the time and the default clothes are basically a full body pajamas of some sort heh.

A little bit too young for a role like this but eh, works in JRPG's I guess with the protagonist being a teenager and acting like a child. Ha ha.

8. Cosworth

Cosworth Guest

GPU:
    Asus Nvidia GTX760
  9. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    While Ansel works well ambient occlusion somehow disappears and other effect are a bit bugged too.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah, from my understanding it's similar to tiled rendering in UE3, image is divided into multiple tiles for the final full resolution screen but the post processing doesn't account for this and as such it ends up being far less noticeable in the resulting image with effects such as bloom or AO being almost completely removed.

Guessing there are ways around this but I'm not sure if it's a game issue or a issue with the Ansel way of doing it's tiled images for the way it handles this scaling.

11. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    This happens in non-tiled screenshots too with Ansel. It could be that the devs turned bunch of stuff off to avoid issues in some cases everything should be fine when taking normal screenshots instead of super-resolution.

12. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Mass Effect Andromeda

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Evileh

Evileh Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 TI FTW UL
    Resized from 1440. Made it my wallpaper lol

[​IMG]

14. Elajitz

Elajitz Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    Unity Engine Adam 1 Demo

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Lian

Lian Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Super FE
    Me:A + NMS

in-game quality

I've a lot of time spent on Eyes color. to make them more natural looking

[​IMG]

Ansel shot

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

cut scene frame

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

NMS

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017

16. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    No Man's Sky is holding up nicely, being moddable surely helps a bit though but it's nice to see development is still continuing despite the problematic launch.

Mass Effect: Andromeda
    [​IMG]

Other images.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

17. noGuruATall

noGuruATall Member Guru

GPU:
    gtx 580 3GB
  18. robgrab

robgrab Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix 1080 8GB
  19. Scully

Scully Guest

GPU: