Best option for USB Soundcard?

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by Mkilbride2599, Nov 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RagDoll_Effect

RagDoll_Effect Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
  2. RagDoll_Effect

RagDoll_Effect Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    Cool, but I think most cards do have grounding, so it's all good. Both options are good and for what they are, usb might be the way to go in this situation.

regards,
    RagDoll.

3. Mkilbride2599

Mkilbride2599 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670 SLI
    I looked at the PAX driver website and it turns out only the Creative USB 2 go has CMSS3D.

The HD or Non HD of the Xi-Fi Pro does not have any form of Surround Sound Headphones.

http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Labs-Blaster-Surround-System/dp/B0017QQQAE

I found this; it's an older model, but there are some issues(Besides being double the price):

EAX 4.0 Max, and no Hardware Acceleration. Also no DTS or Dolby Digital support.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  4. nikavelli

nikavelli Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 Ti
    EAX has been dead for years. Hardware acceleration makes no difference with modern CPU's.

5. Mkilbride2599

Mkilbride2599 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670 SLI
    Agreed, not a big deal with EAX, not many games even use 5.0, as for HA, nice for some older games.

But no DTS & no Dolby Digital kinda sucks. I did happen to read a review, over at HardOCP, I don't really go to their website much, but they had the -same- headset as I do, PC350, not even the PC360, and they claimed to have had both a Titanium HD PCI-E and USB and regularly switched between them, claiming the USB sounded almost the same, just a littler quieter, and most likely needed a stronger AMP. Encouraging as they did a lot of in depth tests about SnR, noise levels, and whatnot...all seemed green. I have reservations about it.

Going to try a few more things...see what's up, and hope for the best.

What I can't understand is WHY Creative doesn't make a USB Sound Card with CMSS3D, EAX 5.0, and DTS / DDL, and Headphone amp. Then place it @ the 125$ price range...it'd sell like hot freaking cake.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  6. Mkilbride2599

Mkilbride2599 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670 SLI
    I think it may be the card now.

I watched the X-Fi light this time as I plugged in the microphone. It flickered. Then I plugged in the headphones...and the X-Fi light went completely dead.

That sounds like the card, I'd guess? I mean it's a PCI-E x1 card, no way should it not be receiving enough power...when I have over 200w to spare. Sound cards don't take up that much juice!

So maybe I'll be in the market for another X-FI card.

Not sure if I should wait and see on this "Z" series or not, I like the idea behind it, the price is good, but I honestly am not sure about TruStudio Pro VS CMSS3D.

All I hear is noise, if I turn the volume on the headset & volume panel up really loud, just noise.

Annoyed cause my old card wasn't cheap, I got it in 2008, and have had it replaced once in 2010.

http://www.amazon.com/Creative-SB0886-Titanium-Fatal1ty-Professional/dp/B0018EFGTM/ref=pd_sxp_f_pt

From what I can tell, each of my cards died roughly 2 years after usage.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  7. Mkilbride2599

Mkilbride2599 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670 SLI
    Sorry for the Triple Post, but I'd just like to update people here.

The X-Fi Titanium HD arrived today...and it works. So yes, it was my soundcard. Oddly enough the Mic is not working, trying to figure that one out, it works with onboard, so it's not busted...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.