Arma 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Pill Monster, May 19, 2011.

1. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    What's with the helicopter controls, is the helicopter drunk?

2. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    I bought the alpha knowing that I'd be getting it later at some point anyway. I just hope they give us some content worth playing. Also, it would be nice if BIS grew a pair of cojones and gave us a real opfor campaign. This American/NATO rah rah stuff is *yawn*...

3. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    That was their second game ever, "Red Hammer" expansion to Operation Flashpoint.

4. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    I know but even then, it ended up being all about evil Russian rogue General Guba.

5. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 12GB
    Nothing wrong with that I always Play Opfor well except Arma 3 currently they dont appeal to me at all

6. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Massive update released:

At the rate this is going, I think this might be the first ArmA game which on release might be playable.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2013
  7. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Are they ever going address the GPU load issue?

So far its looking like ArmA 2 all over again.

8. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
    Months saying this to them and game runs like crap low fps

9. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I think I recall them saying something about an overhaul for Beta in regards to CPU and GPU usage.

10. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI

11. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    Any fix for cpu and gpu usage and low fps after the patch ? Or the game will be useless when released... I understand this game, i'm not a noob, but you cant play a game with low fps.

12. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
    some ppl on the forum say that will be useless as older ARMA, so im trying to push so this dont happen, and everytime any says a word gets penalized warned or for whatever stupid reason from fanboys that accept playing at 20fps...

13. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  14. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

I think it's the distinction between discussing how it runs and complaining about how it runs. If you discuss it and work out it's related to a certain thing, like the infamous ropes in Crysis 3, they can take that on board and fix the issue in a later build. It may not be the next build out, it could take a month or two so be patient! Remember the game is in alpha, so it shouldn't really be expected to run to well.

Since the game is in an alpha (soon beta) stage, the performance and everything else relating to it probably isn't truly representative of the final product. If people went on the words of 'don't buy Arma 3 because it runs crap', it would be like people saying the Mona Lisa is a really dreadful crap bit of art, but basing that statement when the painting was only half finished.

15. phoeniks314

phoeniks314 Guest

GPU:
    GTX750
    I have alpha lite keys, if someone wants one send me a pm.

16. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    I keep crashing out of ARMA 3 Lite ~ 15 minutes into the game, even when my AC is on so don't think it is temperatures.

I do have a CFX and PhysX hybrid setup. Is that it?

Also, I found this mod (All in ARMA 3) and it combines ARMA 1, ARMA 2, ARMA 2 CO and Take On Helicoptors into the ARMA 3 engine?!?!

And there are people playing the ARMA 2 campaigns and DayZ mod in the ARMA 3 engine now on youtube!!!!! WOW...

So for people who purchased the Alpha, how do you like it compared to ARMA 2? So far, graphically, the LITE engine and animations/models LOOKS way better than ARMA 2. It feels like a real polished AAA product over ARMA 2. But the LITE version keeps crashing on my system so I am hesitant to buy the Alpha now.

I also wonder if I should just wait for DayZ standalone but ARMA 3 looks and plays incredible when it does not crash on me.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2013
  17. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Changes to the development version since the release of 0.72 for the main branch. :)
    http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?149636-Beta-Development-branch-changelog/page9

18. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    The amount of stuff patched since Alpha release is just shocking. This is going to be a completely different game than ArmA2 (which was bug filled till the end).

I am so happy I bought this in Alpha for the amount I did. This is what a real dev team looks like. Man, release is going to be amazing.

I wonder if that's limited to sound or also flying models from Take On Helicopters.

19. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Unsure, I do know that the game engine code must have been kept fairly similar between ArmA3 and ArmA2 (Plus Take on Helicopters.) since many of the ArmA 3 systems were added to ArmA2 via earlier beta patches. :)
    (Or from ArmA 2 to ArmA 3)

But I don't know what exactly they share other than a few simpler things.
    (Like the memory allocator system or what to call it and most of the start parameters.)

EDIT: Also unsure how many larger changes there will be now that the game is in beta, there's a number of requests on their forums and likely even more on the public tracker they use, such as a different system for weapon attachments to avoid conflicts between different addons since only the last loaded one will take effect currently.

20. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Well they did listen to the community and add in 3D weapon sights (which look incredible and realistic) recently. They also massively changed the AI behavior based on community feedback (for the better).

Off-topic:
    My Nvidia Geforce Experience has been updating for the last few days non stop with new titles.