Post your AV set up?

Discussion in 'The HTPC, HDTV & Ultra High Definition section' started by hallryu, May 3, 2009.

1. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    You own one yourself? Yeah it is a very nice device for sure. New firmware update yesterday and another one scheduled soon (which will fix the only real issue I'm facing right now). Also, RF remotes = win. More devices should use this technology. You don't have to point the remote at the device (in fact, I tested it by going into my bathroom, facing the wall in the shower, and it still worked :p)

2. barwell1992

barwell1992 Guest

GPU:
    ASUS gtx560ti on T260HD
    just upgraded to a asus Xonar D2 from a XtremeMusic now only have 1 cable going to that amp instead of 3 :)

3. Pupp3tmast3r

Pupp3tmast3r Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Well, just added some stuff to my setup :) Will post pics soon!

TV: Samsung LE37B530 37"
    Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster T260 26"
    Rig: Check my sig, media center coming soon, build in a Thermaltake Dh101 case.
    Amp: Onkyo TX-SR507
    Tape: Sony TC-K420
    MD: Sony MDS-JE530
    CD: Sony DVP-S335
    DVD: Philips DVP3260
    Speakers: Front: Magnat Motion 1000, Center: Magnat Altea, Sub: Magnat Monitor Supreme 301A, Surround: Philips speakers now, looking at some nice Magnat's for that.

4. AJ²06

AJ²06 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GT 330M 512MB
    Noo I dont, but Im looking to buy one! :nerd:

5. jazziam

jazziam Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 260GTX
    Here is mine...nothing special but gets the job done =]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    Can't put a pic, but our living room at my dads:

TV: LG 47LH3000

[​IMG]

AV Receiver/Amp: Sony STR-800

[​IMG]

Then some speakers, not sure of them all, I know some are Bose, the others may be panasonic atm, till it's sorted out properly.

Then other devices:
    Grundig Freesat HD box
    Elonix DVD player upscales over HDMI, and plays divx/xvid from disk/usb.
    Wii using Component
    Softmodded Original Xbox with 500GB HDD upscaling to 1080i via component.

7. *Rogue*

*Rogue* Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX260 OC 216
    Have just snagged myself a great deal on a Pioneer VSX2016AV
    Info here
    Will post some pics once i pick it up tommorrow and get it installed :)
    Don't think the neighbours are gonna be too pleased .. lol

8. *Rogue*

*Rogue* Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX260 OC 216
    Just a quick pic
    [​IMG]
    Busy playing with it still :)

Last edited: Mar 1, 2010
  9. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970

Very nice amp! Would personally prefer black though.

10. *Rogue*

*Rogue* Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX260 OC 216
    Shhhhhhhh.... your not supposed to notice that :D
    Well after a few hours of torturing the neighbours i've decided i quite like it altho lots of tweaking to go yet i suspect :) and considering how much i paid for it i can live with Silver ... lol
    Oh and btw the damn thing is huge .. lol

Last edited: Mar 2, 2010

11. *Rogue*

*Rogue* Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX260 OC 216
    Had a few days to play with the Pioneer now and i have to say i'm very impressed ... The Mcacc auto setup system worked well but definately needed some fine tuning to get it as i like, having said that it was pretty close ...
    Watching the beach scene on "Saving private Ryan" was intense and almost had me ducking from the ricochets :)
    Musically it does tend to be a lil on the bright side but not a problem as it matches well with the B&W's i use as mains ... it does show up poorly recorded mp3's even with the s retriever circuitry turned on but listening to flac's with the amp set to pure direct input is a joy :)

Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
  12. Landazar

Landazar Active Member

Hey great looking systems, I gotta say you guys are creative with the furniture for great comfort too!

hey Barwell, it looks like your monitor is really close to where you're supposed to sit, isnt that ruining your eyes ?
    From personal experience this range will definitly screw with your eyes.

13. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    Subs are so expensive, we need one for our set up (listed above), but they're all like £150-200. And my dads decided he's spending £300 on some hifi speakers instead.

14. HBrown140

HBrown140 Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX-285 2GB in SLi
    A Little Dated , But still Kick'in

15. *Rogue*

*Rogue* Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX260 OC 216
    @ dcx_badass
    it really depends on the main use for the system ... If its more for listening to music then some decent full range speakers are a much better investment than a sub imo but its certainly nice to have one for the the extra low down rumble in movies ... Always worth checking out Ebay for a some bargains, i've been lucky and managed to snag some really good deals altho with hifi gear i think its always adviseable to stick to stuff you can go collect rather than rely on someone else to pack it securely for posting especially if they don't still have the original boxes :)

Last edited: Apr 12, 2010

16. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    Well the speakers rrp is like £1000 and someone is selling them used for £300 not far away, I'd still rather have a sub to complete the surround sound, than just some better speakers for the hifi, when we have some already.

17. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    You can easily find some good used subwoofers for around £200. Realistically you don't really wanna spend any less than that. The cheapest of the cheapest will just give you muddy rumbling and completely destroy the sound picture of the rest of your setup. I'd check the classifieds on AV enthusiast forums and similar, always good deals to be made off honest people at such places.

Oh, and I've bought lots of used hifi stuff that had to be shipped, and I never had a problem. Although I always have a good chat with the fella' who's selling, and most of them have provided me with pictures of the packaging before shipping, so I could OK it first.

18. *Rogue*

*Rogue* Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX260 OC 216
    I'd have to agree with John here ... there really isn't much point buying a cheapie sub just to have 1 as it will almost certainly degrade your listening experience rather than improve it, unfortunately you don't say what speakers your dad has just bought but if they are anywhere near half decent you will find the bass response will be far cleaner without :)

19. Nijohc

Nijohc Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 8GB
    Think I'm gonna get a Toshiba Regza 42AV635DB 42-inch for the living room but it's £530 on amazon and I'm sure it was only £450 a few months back, grr. Can you guys recommend a good TV for £400-£500, preferrably nearer £400 or less?

Still got a CRT/Tube TV at the moment but I think it's nearing it's end as it takes a while to get going, I turn it on and it makes a high pitch whine then turns off, eventually if I keep trying it will come on and stay on with a distorted picture then after about 10 minutes the picture comes normal. It's ready for the knackers yard.

20. *Rogue*

*Rogue* Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX260 OC 216
    Richer Sounds have a few in your price range so they are worth a look if you have 1 local to you ? Here
    Whatever you decide to go for don't forget that John Lewis stores pricematch any bricks and mortar store prices and they chuck in a 5 year warranty for free ... might save you a few pennies