Western Digital!!

Discussion in 'SSD and HDD storage' started by mmicrosysm, Oct 5, 2011.

1. mmicrosysm

mmicrosysm Guest

GPU:
    Cirrus Logic GD5430 1Meg
    I guess I'm getting all the good Seagates then or just happen to have good luck with them.

Been running my business since 1998 and see more WD failures over Seagate. I would trust a Quantum Fireball over WD LOL :p

2. mcdinz

mcdinz Member

GPU:
    Palit GTX 750Ti 2GB
    Also me i bought last week WD Caviar Blue 320GB and its pretty working good.

3. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    Just a suggestion when getting a WD Drive i recommend their Black series. They might be a little higher priced but it seems they are of better quality.

4. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    ^ I also have a couple of WD Caviar drives (one blue and one green) and have had no problems as of yet. Just like someone said above, its the luck of the draw. I doubt WD has many more failures than Seagate, Maxtor or anyone else

5. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Come on now, if 5 failed in the same day you clearly were responsible. No way that was luck.

6. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Never had one fail on me, probably had about 8 total. I think its just coincidence because the delivery guys just throw the boxes around

7. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    3 were DOA, the other 2 BSOD'd while trying to install software and failed to be detected afterwards.... Maxtor's reputation for poor quality was hardly my fault..

UPS is real bad about throwing packages around.... Under their union contract, the employees have no legal responsibility for any damage done to any packages that are not shipped as insured.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2011
  8. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    I'd blame the store then because someone clearly dropped the box of them hard. I'm not saying Maxtor made their HDD's out of diamond but they weren't that bad.

9. Kaktus

Kaktus Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1060
    Yeh this sucks man. I know the feeling.. We never ever sell wd drives to our customers anymore... Because of bad failure rate we had in the past on wd drives. If our supplier runs out of stock on seagate or the likes then we would rather go and buy some out from another company rather than installing a wd drive in a customers pc.

I'm not bashing wd though. I suppose it might have been possible that it was a bad batch or something some years ago but i just don't trust wd drives anymore..