*NEW* anime thread v2.0

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Loophole35, Jul 14, 2013.

1. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Those two are awesome. I actually started watching Hyobu Unlimited first then Zettai Karen Children. Pure awesome tbh.

Need more for sure, and most likely we will get more later on.

2. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    You got a link to those OVA's?

3. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Watched all three of the Kenichi OVA's last night very good but it only wet my apatite I still want more guess I'll have to start reading the manga. Currently watching Kids On the Slope so far it's a great show 5 episodes in I get the feeling this is not going to be the happiest of ending shows though.

4. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    It was a darn good series that for real :) And yeah more Kenichi pls :D

5. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    New Ghost in the Shell in the making. I cant wait. The 1st episode / movie. Not sure how they will play it out. LINK.

Also i watching Railgun S and Bakemonogatari 2nd season (to be precise: Nekomonogatari)

6. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    GiTS Arise. First episode was really good imo. November 30 for the next one, should be fun :p

Gin no Saji (Silver Spoon) so much fun this anime. About a guy whom attends high school that focuses on all sides of farm life, so he can get away from his family. By the woman who wrote FMA.

Watamote has been pretty good. I just watched Gundam Wing remastered all episodes and Mobilesuit Gundam Seed HD Remaster 50 eps and 9 eps of GSD HD. Still got so much Gundam to watch :D

Dangan Ronpa is interesting. Fantasista Doll is interesting too. Then there is this "Madoka Magica" feel Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou.

Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi felt really interesting with gravekeepers, *zombies* and immortal man. Something new imo.

Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku, Kiniro Mosaic and Gatchaman Crowds I need to watch too since I never got bored with them :D

Servant x Service is hilarious. Inu to Hasami Tsukaiyou is good stuff too.

Uchouten Kazoku seemed fun from first episode, tanukis as main characters I like the idea. Pom Poko is awesome movie by ghibli about tanukis :D

Well others I liked this season Free!, Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist, Blood Lad and World Only God Knows: Goddesses.

Rozen Maiden is good stuff as always.

Gifuu Doudou!!: Kanetsugu to Keiji <--- reason to watch is if you love art style by Tetsuo Hara ( Fist of the North Star) and over the top powers of these historic guys :D

7. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    Servant x Service reminds me of Working! a lot. I am definitely keeping an eye on that one.

8. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    Monogatari, Servant X Service, Watamote, Shingeki no Kyojin, Dog and Scissors and Toaru majutsu railgun S are on my watchlist this season (tho railgun seemed to have entered on the flashback/recap scene area of the previous/index series).

poor poor tomoko, feeling depressed and opposed always (in manga, will prolly be shown in the anime and she is already experiencing depressing stuff already, specially when her friend revealed sumthin heh)

I hear there will be Psycho pass 2 >:]
    And hope in the near future (after the novels) Toaru majutsu index 3 :3

I wonder if they would nake a Franken Fran anime? the gore will prolly got censored a lot heh.
    (plugging an old fanart >_> )

Also waiting for 2nd season of Nazo no kanojo X, if there will be any :O
    http://viperxtreme.deviantart.com/art/Today-s-portion-303673163
    [​IMG]

And has anyone watched pacific rim yet?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
  9. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Second season of Psycho Pass Oh YES! Franken Fran just might come uncensored, iirc they didn't censor elfen lied nor deadman wonderland that much :eek: or higurashi series :D depends on time slot they want of course if they ever do it.

10. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    We get to see Adorea pulling out some spare flesh and organs from her "pockets" ^__^

Too bad for Black Lagoon, if IIRC, they made some story adjustments for the anime of Roberta Arc 2 (bloodhound arc) vs the one from manga, may end up like Claymore where it ended quickly.

Dragon Ball Z: Battle of the Gods looks like its headed to local cinemas in our area soon

11. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Lucky I want to see this movie not a huge DBZ fan but it looks epic and not a part of GT.

12. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    Watching Bleach, its pretty decent so far, although I would have changed a few scenes with better animations. E.G. Kenpachi vs Noitora.... the ending was just horrendus...

13. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    DBZ is by far my favourite anime, namely the Frieza saga, followed by Cell, then Buu. The intensity of the battles and the evolution of the characters is amazing. This was anime that started it all off for me, been hooked ever since.

I recommend Afro Samurai, voiced by Samuel L. Jackson. Mindless, violent and bloody anime, worth the watch.

Also recommend Death Note and Code Geass for anyone who hasn't seen them. Can't believe no one's mentioned Fullmetal Alchemist!

I've just started watching Fate/stay night - I think I have a passion for anything anime with magic/energy/summonings.

14. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC

FMA is kinda a given that's one of the best shows ever. Code Geass is another good one but it took about 5 episodes for me to get over the Clamp look after that the intelligents of the characters the plot is very intricate but not overly convoluted.

15. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Just watched episode 14 of Attack on Titan love the new OP/ED the opening music fits the show much better.

16. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    Code Geass is definitely really unique. Especially the 2nd season where it gets all heated up.

17. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
  18. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
  19. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
  20. DireBadger

DireBadger Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1070 AMP Extreme
    Surprised darker than black hasn't been mentioned, the first season is pretty damn good.

Recently finished fafner in the azure, hellsing ultimate ova, ghost in the shell season 1 and 2, Evangelion (highly overrated, and wtf is that ending about o_O). And currently watching code geass which is very good. Took me a few episodes to get use to the character proportions and the big ass stabiliser wheels on the mechs feet though.

Anyone have any recommendations for any good dark and violent animes?