TitanFall - (Respawn Game - Ex-CoD)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by KodY, Jun 6, 2013.

1. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Xbox.

2. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
  3. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Yeah those bots are crap lol, they won't matter in MP though. :D

4. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    This game is really looking good. Definitely interested! Nice to have something other than cod/bf clones to play for a change.

5. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    After watching Xbox One footage, I have to say I'm feeling a bit underwhelmed :-/ Weapons sounded okay, map looked like a Modern Warfare map - devoid of colour, and it just lacked the intensity of CoD.

It is CoD with mechs and jet packs ...

6. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

Shh, we're pretending.

7. nexus_711

nexus_711 Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 1080 Twin X2
  8. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
  9. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yeah that's been around for a while .. 6v6 with bots in. They really should have an open demo aka beta for the damn thing.

10. DireBadger

DireBadger Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1070 AMP Extreme
    With it being 6v6 and bots now, it makes me think of the game like an FPS/MOBA.

11. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I've been trying to "understand" the appeal of this game for a while.

So, I went back and watched trailers, gameplay, interviews, previews... and still, I see nothing to this that makes it look... even good.
    I figure a large part of is the fact that I'm a single player gamer and MP means absolutely nothing to me.
    But, even when trying to look past that... all I can think is that the gameplay just looks... meh.

Coming from the guys behind the Modern Warfare series... yeah, that doesn't help. In all honesty, that hurts it.

12. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    6 vs. 6 is a very poor effort! Gonna have to reserve judgement now I think. Don't quite get where they are going with that!

13. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    After 32vs32 in BF games this will be a little hard to adjust to :p. However they might aim for a more competitive crowd with this game.

14. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    All the footage so far show off lot of vertical movement that is absent in majority of FPS shooters. That plus giant mech combined arms sounds like a cool set of ideas to work with.

At the very least, gameplay looks way more interesting than anything ACM has put out pre-release anyway :p

15. MarkyG

MarkyG Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070Ti

16. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I'm looking forward to see this tbh.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  17. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Not gonna play it, unless round a friends or summit, I'm just not interested in mechs.

It looks nice etc, some levelheaded people behind it who I no doubt will make a decent at least game, but just not doing anything for me. The levels seem a little small, too.

End of the day, it's a crosshairs game where you have to line up an enemy with some crosshairs and hit a button.

Plenty of games for that already, adding mechs or the ability to switch between mechs and non-mechs doesn't change that.

18. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    The more i see this game the less impressed i am.
    Guns have virtually no recoil. Environments aren't destructible.

Bring on 2143 (or new SW Battlefront 3)

19. dark_surge

dark_surge Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1080
    Played about an hour of the Alpha at a friend's house. Fighting mech vs. mech, mech vs human, and human vs. mech is a lot of fun, but human vs human combat was very much like any other FPS. It's pretty satisfying when you take down a mech as a human. As a mech I had a few people latch onto my back and start damaging me that way, which was pretty cool, but I never really figured out how to do it myself. If you're the mech you can use your shield to gather projectiles from other mechs and shoot them back at them, which was also pretty satisfying.

As much fun as I had in that hour, I don't think I'd be able to have that much fun if I were playing on my own without a friend to laugh at all the crazy coincidental stuff happening. I can see it being great for people who have become kind of bored with modern FPS and want a little more variety, but aside from that it just seems like another FPS with mechs in it.

Oh yeah, and punching people in the mech is hilarious. They kind of just explode into chunks. :)

**Added**
    I forgot to mention that being able to double jump and run on walls is pretty fun, although it's almost necessary in a game like this.

I'm sure there will be an option for harder bots in the full release but as of right now they're pretty unintelligent and they'll pretty much just sit there and let you shoot them. I didn't know there was bots at first until my friend pointed it out, which kind of bummed me out since I was murdering people left and right and here half of them were just CPU. :)

Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  20. Shadowsoldier

Shadowsoldier Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 ti
    I am a big single player gamer as well! I love me a good, long story.