AMD Catalyst 11.4 (Official Release) - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Apr 27, 2011.

Tags:
  1. MDewy

MDewy Member

GPU:
    ATI HD 5650M Bios OCed
    "Looks like we found a solution to the mouse lag issue - need to verify but will try to get this out in a couple of weeks"

CatalystCreator

hmm ... Anyone else foresees a hotfix on the way ??

2. Nitrius

Nitrius Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 580
    Well it's most noticeable in RTS games, where you need to scroll the map by sliding the cursor to the edges of the screen. Think you'll only notice it in the upper and lower right side of the screen. Heroes of Newerth is a game where it's very noticeable, and ruins the gameplay quiet a bit.

But ofc, can't say its an issue everyone have, but i know AMD/ATI is aware of it, just check out CatalystCreator on twitter, as he have tweeted once or twice about it.

Good to hear, hopefully they'll release a hotfix soon as you say then =)

3. mbd2884

mbd2884 Banned

GPU:
    Mobility HD5870
    Is anyone else suffering from terrible OpenGL drivers? I've been reading on forums, some are still suffering with CS5.

I've also noticed on HD5xxx, AMD's Overlay Drivers for video renderer, is borked also. Aliasing everywhere, it's unbearable.

4. TheGuuH

TheGuuH Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 470 XFX
    if i remember in the release notes in the "know issues" they mention that opengl in CS5 sometimes will not "work" ... read there i cant remember exactly lols

5. Cruxis

Cruxis New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD6850
    Yes Open GL dont work on CS5 since 11.3 drivers (know issue in release notes).

6. Peerless

Peerless Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 sli 4gb
    Ill download these and give them a shot. Does anyone know if the HDMI issues with sound have been solved. My 5970 seems to be doing ok, but I can't put the computer to sleep because when it wakes up it crashes.

Read in the release notes that F1 2010 no longer slows down when in Crossfire mode. Hopefully this will allow me to enjoy this game on my 5970! To bad my raptor that had all my games on it died and now I am stuck using my f60 for a few games. Wow should I uninstall Dirt 2, or Batman AA? The choices!

Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
  7. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    I noticed an increase in FPS for Shogun, but not much else.

8. Bomastus

Bomastus Member

GPU:
    ATI 5870
    Hi, is anyone else getting a "Error: DistributedCOM Event ID: 10010 (The server {E10F6C3A-F1AE-4ADC-AA9D-2FE65525666E} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout" message in the Event Viewer after installing these? I've noticed it on both my machines.

9. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I must be lucky, not had a single driver crash since I installed Win7 when it was released. Oh, and 99% bug gone!

10. Carstuar

Carstuar Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX680 Twin Frozr III
    Still no safe/stable way to disable PowerPlay completely, and still no fix for driver crashes while using hardware acceleration on adobe flash player. Sadface. Other than that, the drivers are alright for me.

11. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    Is the opencl driver the same as the 11.4 preview SDK's?

12. mbd2884

mbd2884 Banned

GPU:
    Mobility HD5870
    Not the same here. The OpenCL packaged with the 11.4 drivers are like useless nothing for me. To get full functionality, I had to install the SDK.

13. RodsterPS360

RodsterPS360 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 w/ACX Cooling
    Does CCC allow you to control fan speed via ATI overdrive? I always use MSI Afterburner for that and overclocking along with RadeonPro to customize my settings.

I've been thinking of trying out the full driver package along with CCC this time.

14. OlivierMDVY

OlivierMDVY Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti@2.0Ghz
    Regarding the CAPs, there's something I need to clarify: Do I need to uninstall previous CAPs version before installing a new one? Thanks.

15. spyre

spyre Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6990 and 6970 TF
    No you don't

@ RodsterPS360
    Yes

16. Solace

Solace Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
    Is cat 11.5 preview coming any time soon? :p

17. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    So I just came from 11.2 and most things seem fine so far. My only problem is that in Furmark 1.9.0 half of the donut is basically black while the other side is fuzzy like normal.

I did not have this problem in 11.2. As a result, my FPS in Furmark are up by about 30%. That is great, but I would rather have it work right.

Maybe somebody could test to see if it works for them and report back. I am using RadeonPro 1.1.0.6 and Sapphire Trixx 3.0.7 (which oddly enough came from the 4.0 download link) if that helps.

Oh, and every game I have tried so far works fine............which makes this even more odd to me.

18. dade_kash_xD

dade_kash_xD Guest

GPU:
    2x XFX DD R9-280x 3gb
    The new 11.4 drivers ruin my FPS in Crysis 2. With 11.3 Cap 3, I am getting no less than 105 FPS at any given point. With the new 11.4 drivers, I'm dropping down into the 40 FPS range with heavy microstuttering. Anyone else experiencing this?

19. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    It's fixed me since i got 580 :D

20. OlivierMDVY

OlivierMDVY Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti@2.0Ghz
    For Crysis 2 is running fast and smooth with 11.4 and 11.4 CAP1