MSI Afterburner 2.2.0 Beta 12 (2012-02-02)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Hydro28

Hydro28 Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 780
    why do my recordings record at 1920x1072 instead of 1080 with this version?.

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Profile format change is explicitly reflected in the release notes and even highlighted with bold:

- Improved overclocking profiles format provides compatibility with future graphics cards. Please take a note that existing overclocking profiles (startup overclocking profile and profile slots) will be ignored and must be recreated in new version

3. Unwinder

Read the release notes!

- Output video dimensions are now cropped to be multiple of 16 to improve compatibility with some third party MJPG decoders

I'm simply tired of dealing with users installing third party MJPG codecs with 16-aligned height/width limitations then blaming Afterburner for that. Thank those guys if you don't like it, sorry.

4. Hydro28

Hydro28 Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 780
    guess i will have to work my magic in vegas. lol

5. elbubi

elbubi Member Guru

GPU:
    MSi RTX 3070Ti
    Thanks as always Unwinder for improving this uber amazing app!!!

6. Unwinder

Damn. Just nailed down the problem, new "shiny" AMD's official PowerTune adjustment API silently resets PowerPlay tables causing clocks to be reset when unofficial overclocking is in use.
    I really "love" programming for ATI, it is like walking through the minefield.

7. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    Thanks for the update, as always great stuff :)

I think I broke something though. I'm getting the following error at shutdown on Windows XP. Any ideas?

"Application popup: RTSS.exe - DLL Initialization Failed : The application failed to initialize because the window station is shutting down."

8. homefry

homefry Guest

GPU:
    Powercolor RX470
    The global profile hotkeys don't work for me.

I made new profiles and new hotkeys.

9. Unwinder

Read post 46 and switch to official overclocking mode. PowerTune adjustment breaks unofficial one.

10. erm

erm Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 1GB
    loool sorry! I had not read the notes this time! I deserve a beating !!! :bathit::whip::boozer::banana::):eyes:

11. spoolindsm127

spoolindsm127 New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 580
    Something is seriously wrong with this release..

I have a Zotac AMP! GTX 580. Supposed to be clocked at 815MHz @ 1.000v. Beta 12 downclocks core to 782MHz and increases voltage to 1.075v! (??)

12. homefry

homefry Guest

GPU:
    Powercolor RX470
    never mind. got it working

Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  13. Unwinder

Something is seriously wrong with poeople who post without reading, sorry. Read the first posting, the part in bold.

14. spoolindsm127

spoolindsm127 New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 580
    Something is seriously wrong with people using a convenient excuse to ignore a real problem. I read the part in bold, no need to point it out again.

The card runs stock at those clocks, so overclocking profiles have jack to do with it. The program is not reading my cards default clocks and is setting them improperly. But let me guess I'm still wrong right?

15. TFL Replica

TFL Replica Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    You can't set clocks unless you apply it yourself or run a profile. Afterburner doesn't just decide to change the clocks/voltage on its own.

Something is seriously wrong with people that have PEBCAK issues and are also disrespectful.

16. Unwinder

Yes, you're still wrong. There are NO profiles applied to any card with new build due to changed format, and any card is running as is without any "defaults" applied to it. There is a fundamental black hole in your understanding, sorry.
    And no need to say "I'm sorry", just enable your mind and start thinking. None of user coming here with "real problems" and _real_ bugged understanding normally say it, so I'm used to it.

17. Unwinder

I left a hole in application allowing video capture module to record video as is without cropping dimensions to be multiple of 16. Edit .\Profile\MSIAfterburner.cfg (but not MSIAfterburner.cfg stored in root!) and reset bit 1 of VideoCaptureFlagsEx.

18. Unwinder

Those who cannot use unofficial overclocking with AMD 6xxx/7xxx cards in this build because of bug in PowerTune adjustment interface in AMD driver (thanks one more time to "nice" AMD driver team) can temporarily use CCC limits extension command line switch:

MSIAfterburner.exe /xcl

19. TFL Replica

TFL Replica Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    Like this: VideoCaptureFlagsEx=00000001h
    ?

20. Unwinder

Yes. Bit 0 is gamma corrected video capture, bit 1 is cropping flag. So if it was 00000003h for both gamma correction and cropping enabled, it must be set to 00000001h to enable gamma correction only.