Smoking Weed/ your thoughts?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by airbud7, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    I believe you. I've heard too many testimonies of the benefits of it medically to discount it. Here in NY state medical marijuana is legal and it's something I've at least looked into for my own chronic pain (R.S.D. ie constant nerve pain every second of every day). I've been trying *** Oil, which is derived from cannabis but doesn't have the THC that makes you high. Here at least *** oil is legal and unregulated in 46/50 states. The downside is that it's very expensive to take in the dosage that's recommended for pain management. :(

2. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8

Wow!.... Glad you don't control my Life^....

3. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    You would as soon as the crime rate went through the roof. Prohibition is great for organized crime. It's the same with gangs and drugs. This isn't an argument for legalizing hard drugs, just an observation of what happens when you make the popular recreational drugs, illegal.

Icanium likes this.
  4. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Personally don't like weed, don't like the way it makes me feel, guess i've just not had enough experience with it but it doesn't help that it's not legal so i'm not willing to go through the hoops to get it (well, outside of amsterdam)

All for legalising it though, bull that it was bumped back to a class B drug after going down to a class C.

And lol at all the lazy and stupid comments, puritans.

airbud7 likes this.

5. suture

suture Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1070 GTX
    Yep, should be legal like alchool and regular tobacco, and imho even hard drugs should be.

All of them taxed and heavily regulated ofc, too many dumb ppl walking around .. this should do the job for everyone :)

6. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Weakness? Seems to me the society you desire is mighty unhappy and judgemental. So your solution is to penalize everyone because some make bad choices. Sorry, I don't like that option.

Icanium likes this.
  7. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    No, people cannot cope with drink and smoking as it is, no point adding another easily accessible vice to their already overflowing tray.

8. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    You're not adding a 'vice'. You're removing a penalty for using something that is objectively less dangerous than what is legal. It makes no sense.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
    Icanium likes this.
  9. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    What? You need to stop basing your arguments on inventing what you think others need or don't need. It has literally nothing to do with defending your opinion. "Protect people from their bad decisions" <<<< The genesis of every flawed law on the planet. Legalizing has had little impact on use. You're acting as if marijuana hasn't been widely used for centuries.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
    Icanium likes this.
  10. russ1

russ1 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 Hurricane
    Everything should be legal up to you your body. but do anything to harm others just kill ya.

11. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    Pot is good. Been smoking it for decades. Ban cigarettes and booze.

12. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Is that a argument? Easier? Anyone can get it at any time. Why should we be wasting hundreds of millions of dollars on this? The 'war on drugs' is objectively a failure. Criminalizing a plant is silly. You want to legislate what people do in their free time. You believe it should be illegal, for example, for someone to come home from a hard days work, take a hit off a vape pen and noodle around on the guitar for an hour to relax. Explain to me, why you desire to legislate that out of existence. Thanks.

Icanium likes this.
  13. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    Give me a break underage kids can get weed easier than booze I don't think legalizing it will change the accessibility factor.

airbud7 and Icanium like this.
  14. Pyr0

Pyr0 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti FTW3
    I'm all for freedom of choice.

ZXRaziel likes this.
  15. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Dude, that's exactly why you don't post stuff like that on world's best stalking tool available non-commercially :D

I wonder how many of the people here have even tried either pot or anything else they are condemning here. Or how many of those against a legalisation are heavy drinkers / smokers / users of whatever.

To each their own, history has proven that legalizing MJ is not the end of a society, the world, or a country.

airbud7 likes this.
  16. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    Medical, yes. Everyone else, no.
    The government won't ban cigarettes or alcohol because of the money they bring in.

17. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    one can do a lot worse

18. Jw_Leonhart

Jw_Leonhart Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeforceGTX 770 SC
    Marijuana is also worth a **** ton of money, so your excuse sir is invalid and completely stupid. Use your brain next time.

Legalize it, tax it, do the same with alcohol. Jesus at least if your high on pot you won't do hit and runs or get into fights or anything that is associated with alcohol. People are retarded.

19. Steven Hone

Steven Hone Paolo the Gun

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3090 3X OC
    Incorrect.

20. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    No need for this, people can have a discussion and agree or disagree without others getting personal about it, reguardless of your stance on it, this is a one of the good sites with members who can disagree without resorting to attacking each other, come on bud.

airbud7 likes this.
  21. vidra

vidra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1060 6GB
    I support full legalisation for both recreational and medical use. I believe we're all fully responsible for our own actions. No need for a nanny state.