After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working)

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Holy Moly over 760,000 views for a single thread in a week, and 10,000+ visitors yesterday?? :eek3:

I've never seen this much traffic.....what's going on?? :3eyes:

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  2. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    You can always release a separate, colorgraded version if you want.

Out of curiosity, what did you change to make it more "E3-like?

3. DarkKnight

DarkKnight Guest

GPU:
    GTX760 2GB
    Yes, I like it too!! but in 0.7 I noticed saturated colors again :):)
    Sorry for spaming with next mess. but I don't know how to delete previous:p
    Thanks for your work!

4. lostin

lostin Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 760 OC
    I just (as many others here) register,only to congratulate the Worse for his magnificent work with his 0.7 release of his mod !
    I'm watching this thread from the very beginning and i think we all must be graceful to Worse's effort and his endless time who spend make us Graphical / Performance happier about our favorite game.
    Also we all need to show (at least) some respect to the people that share with us for free these spectacular results of their precious knowledge and time...
    That's the meaning after all for the whole IT community. Share the info !, so anyone can be as good or better that you and help evolve our e-world.

Thanks again The Worse and keep up the good work.
    I'm gone keep watching your and the other guys (maldo etc...) work ....

Lostin Out

5. TheWorse

TheWorse Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    I'll continue doing this because of the people that really want it and really understands how much work involved it is to test and play with the values.

This is for any neogaf user that is so negative to me: Don't like don't use it. Complain so much? Play vanilla.

And this "effects" I've added and changed were really buggy by default which involved so many hours of testing that you can't even imagine.

Really dissapointed about totalbiscuit opinion about "modding" which stands for modification.

I'm not iCEnhancer and his mod is not even a mod. It's ART.

6. scorpgul

scorpgul Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780 Ti KINGPIN
    What demands? I am done with Watch Dogs, I only tried this as every gaming news I read regularly was touting this mod. And I have to give honest feedback. I appreciate Worse's efforts to make this POS game look a little bit better so I am going to wait until the real mod comes out which hopefully tones down the DOF which IS too aggressive. If not then too bad, this was just to see what the fuss was about

7. ikwtif

ikwtif Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2G

Imo that's not remotely an official statement from Ubisoft. It's a girl working for Ubi that has no clue what she's talking about...

8. Zorbak

Zorbak Guest

GPU:
    gtx 670 4 GB SLI
    Hey TheWorse, I just registered to tell you you're doing a fantastic job, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. There are a great many of us that have seen very impressive improvements in the game, and we really appreciate it! Just ignore the people that don't know how to read simple instructions, and those ungrateful people that complain about little petty things. Sadly there are always going to be people like that. The vast majority of us are psyched you are doing the work you are doing. I'm looking forward to any upcoming releases.

9. Quentin's_SweetFX

Quentin's_SweetFX Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE R9 OC 270X 4GB

[​IMG]

10. vTune

vTune Guest

GPU:
    780 GHz 3GB (will oc soon
    TB doesn't know much about PCs and modding. All he cares about is what he understands and can (sometimes cynically) criticize.

Also, when I was about to donate a little, I read you were gonna take it slower due to all the haters, I hesitated. Nice to see you are back on track. I think we all agree that the positive impact you have made already with your work is much greater and more important than the complaints about a couple rude people.

11. LeRieur

LeRieur Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 670MX 3go
    Hi guys, I've used this settings and i've à little problem with the blurring. Am I the only one ?

12. iSimilaXi

iSimilaXi Guest

GPU:
    inno3D nVidia GTX680
    Power of viral.
    Basically , some guy from NEOgaf shared this topic , then some dude posted it on reddit. Then :banana: happened.
    Edit
    Also , some gaming news website [such as kotaku] shared it too :D

13. koNdziu

koNdziu Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 770 DCUII OC 2GB
    Hi !. This game is beautiful with this mod!.

[​IMG]

14. vTune

vTune Guest

GPU:
    780 GHz 3GB (will oc soon
    she wouldn't say anything unless someone told her to.

15. DomCobb1

DomCobb1 Guest

GPU:
    Factory OC'd EVGA GTX 760
    Hey all,

so first of all I think I figured out why some people are getting less fps and some more. The mod runs the default settings for high and ultra (ie high/ultra shadows, high/ultra SSAO) which, since some people are using custom settings to get better fps (I play with SSAO off, massive fps boost) this causes them to lose fps. Others gain it due to the optimizations made by TheWorse.

Also, since my question was never answered, can anyone tell me if the smoke effects he says he plans to add in are the ones from E3 2012, when Aiden was walking and he looks really badass with the fog rolling in behind him? Thanks

16. AlexC47

AlexC47 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 660Ti
    I registered just to thank you for your wonderful work. The game looks stunning now and maldo's version even reduced some of the stuttering.
    I might even have a noob-ish suggestion. Since the DOF blurs distant objects, maybe a lower detail on distant objects would improve performance. If i'm talkong out of my ass or if this is already implemented, just ignore me.
    GREAT JOB !

17. Zorbak

Zorbak Guest

GPU:
    gtx 670 4 GB SLI
    To anyone complaining about the DOF, for the time being just turn it off in the Watch Dogs settings lol

18. DarkKnight

DarkKnight Guest

GPU:
    GTX760 2GB
    As I said, I do not do this, but I know that every job takes time, so keep up that, and don't pay attention to any hate, as many opinions as many people on the world. (And don't forget to downgrade colors next-time :D (0,7 mod has original colors) it's much better as you did it :banana:

19. Tim96

Tim96 Member

GPU:
    Asus Geforce GTX 770 2GB
    Dude, you are saying you want to be just like the guys who mad iCEhancer etc. But the truth is you are so much more. You are not just making the game look better like he did with GTA 4, you are giving Ubisoft a big finger! That is why the reason I love you (No homo) Also the improved graphics, a star in my book. (y)

Side Note: Turning textures to High, with this mod reduced my stuttering to almost zero. After 5 minutes, they are completely gone. Everything else is at Ultra. Also performance went up immensely

20. TheWorse

TheWorse Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    Can't believe the views and everything yet. anyone who doubts about my modification or settings should read the first 10 pages to understand how this actually happen.

About the colorgrading it added a little bit of green saturation, reds and blues. Tuned down saturation a bit and added a bit of contrast. It's not the same as sweetfx because it actually does this from the game itself and works slighly different. Still if someone wants it i'll add the option later.

And no please, I'm seriously not near iCEnhancer, MalDo or anyone known modder at all, I'm just a normal person having fun and experimenting with every value.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.