Some good news about RivaTuner v2.23

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by Unwinder, Jan 23, 2009.

1. bobmitch

bobmitch Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 4070 TI OC
    Yes, low level fan control. Set up each level...40/50/60/70 fan speeds. Then set up launcher with each fan profile. Then launch each level speed as item based on hardware monitoring threshold...40 at temp downward, 50/60/and 70 each increasing fan speed incrementally. Rivatuner 2.22 works perfectly. Then I installed 2.23 and as usual, it imported the settings from 2.22 and the fan control no longer worked

Thanks

Bob

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Hardware monitoring based scheduled tasks are broken in this realease, this causes your issues. 2.24 fixing the issue will be lauched in the end of week.

3. KTT

KTT Guest

GPU:
    Palit 9800GT

Changing [FANPWM] section from PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00F5&SUBSYS_????????&REV_?? = 01h to PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00F5&SUBSYS_????????&REV_?? = 04h or add PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_040?&SUBSYS_????????&REV_?? = 04h is not working for me.
    Other suggestions?

The other proplem is that the left mouse button is not working on some games like GTA San Andreas when RTSS is started. Turning off RTSS and everything is OK.

Thanks.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2009
  4. Unwinder

Suggestion is to think before doing any changes. What's the sense of doing such changes? Once again, you have to add entry for your hardware and your PCI DeviceID.

LMB is not anyway linked with RTSS. From these comments, I would seriously try to stay far from RT and use something more simple like EVGA Precision, this is a tool requiring understanding of the system.

5. Unwinder

Guys, before releasing new version I'd still like to stress-test new sticky graphs GUI and collect as many possible bugs and suggestions as possible. I'm still stress-testing it myself and just forund GUI related bug, opening any sticky graph properties and changing fixed graph settings causes the graphs to be rendered improperly till monitoring module restart. Such reports are really welcome and wanted, I'd like to polish new GUI in 2.24 too,

6. bobmitch

bobmitch Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 4070 TI OC
    Thanks for the info. 2.22 is doing it's job. Waiting for 2.24 is most welcome...

Unwinder....your effort is more appreciated than you know...

Bob

7. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060GAMING X
    About that <Continue> button not working proper in Vista64. With your last beta looks OK.

Click <Continue>->browser window appears.

[​IMG]

Select exe then a warning pops up

[​IMG]

Click Yes ignoring your warning :p = same error

[​IMG]

All log

[​IMG]

I guess is doesn't work because different versions of exe.
    Anyway, good news is that OS browser window pops up. :thumbup:

8. Unwinder

Thanks for reporting. It is normal that you cannot install it and your guess is absolutely correct, the fix is already applied to your 2.24 build so the script cannot located 2.23's broken code inside the executable.

9. Unwinder

Does closing the process and restarting it help?

10. dunnno

dunnno New Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 260 core-216
    This was happening to me also on install of 2.23. The process would show up on the process list but with no actual window associated with it. But after the next reboot, D3DOverrider worked properly.

11. Unwinder

Yep, issue has just been reproduced here. There is a bug in startup daemon routine (i.e. routine starting the tool at Windows startup), causing new D3DOverrider to be started without displaying tray icon in if previous version was configured to be started with Windows and it was not removed completely before starting new one. 2.24 will address that too. In meanwhile, the fix is:

1) Manually closing the process in task manager
    2) Re-starting it via start menu
    3) Re-enabling "Start with windows"

12. KTT

KTT Guest

GPU:
    Palit 9800GT
    I understand this, but it is fact.

13. Unwinder

There are more simple tools for beginners. It is a fact too.

14. Unwinder

Tried to add some small but useful new features to 2.24 besides the fixes. Currently changes list contains the following:

Minor bugfixes:

- Fixed bug in hardware monitoring module causing hardware monitoring based scheduled tasks to be ignored due to improper initialization on RivaTuner startup.
    - Fixed erroneous 100MHz memory clock reading on G9x GPU series based display adapters caused by bug in memory clock frequency generator source clock detection code.
    - File system redirection is no longer disabled when executing a patch script under 64-bit OS to prevent the issues with missing file system browser dialog when pressing the "Continue" button.
    - Heights of sticky graphs in the group are now updated properly when manually editing fixed graph height settings in the properties of any graph of the group.
    - Fixed bug into startup daemon routine of RivaTunerStatisticsServer and D3DOverrider utilities causing these tools to be started and reside in memory without displaying tray icon under certain conditions.

What's new:

- Updated PCI DeviceID database for ATI display adapters.
    - Improved Logitech G15 keyboard LCD support in hardware monitoring module:
    - RivaTuner no longer maps OSD text to Logitech keyboard LCD, now there is separate "Show in LCD" option in the data source properties window allowing you to define independent output configurations for OSD and LCD. Previously available power user orientedMapOSDToLCD regitry entry is no longer in use.
    - Previously available power user oriented LCD font size adjustment option is now also available in the data source properties.
    - New dynamic LCD re-connection mode ensures proper LCD output when LCD software is being restarted dynamically.
    - Added heuristic on-die fan PWM controller detection for G92 based display adapters to provide proper low-level fan control and reference fan duty cycle monitoring for both reference desing and alternate display adapters using the fan connected to alternate on-die PWM controller (e.g. Palit GeForce 9800GT series).
    - Updated RivaTunerStatisticsServer v3.1.1 bundled utility. This version is a maintenance release, it doesn't contain new features besides the fix mentioned above.
    - Updated D3DOverrider v2.0.1 bundled utility. This version is a maintenance release, it doesn't contain new features besides the fix mentioned above.

15. BigBoss7556

BigBoss7556 New Member

This happened too, it's working now after reboot.

16. alzatan

alzatan New Member

But RT 2.24 is currently available or not?? :)

17. Unwinder

No, it is not. And you can easily answer the question yourself by checking the main page of Guru 3D.

18. ghart999

ghart999 New Member

Is there a link to DL v 2.22? I did a new install of 2.23 and I cannot save fan profiles at all. But I had no problem when using 2.22.

Thanks.

19. Unwinder

2.22 won't be able to help you, sorry. There are no changes in fan profiles saving area between 2.22 and 2.23, and I've just ensured that 2.23 fan profiles creation works fine. Search for error on your side.

All

Just wanted to let you know that 2.24 won't be released this week. Unfortunatly I've got some infection so I'm spending the time in the bed now. Hope to self restore and launch new version on the next week, sorry for delay.

20. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    i hope you get better soon