Windows 8/RT tablets hard to sell

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 14, 2012.

1. NAMEk

NAMEk Guest

GPU:
    Gainward/GTX560/2GB
    I won't touch this thing also. But strange that microsoft don't realize, that people like quality. I think instead of thinking they are too busy while spending company profits ;D Or Asia workers want more money, and did it on purpose;D joke*
    btw respect TheSarge

2. yelsewshane

yelsewshane Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire VaporX 290
    Others should be like me only use any windows os for games, and for everything else use linux :) whola problem solved

3. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    galaxy tab note 10.1 sure is a good tablet. tho i got it for drawing stuff and it fares really really well there being proper wacom stylus and whatnot. fun stuff really, it's like working my drawing tablet but with a screen \o/ now next buy is drawing display thing they just cost arm and a leg :p

4. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    Yup Galaxy Note is not close to the Nexus 10 spec wise.

Windows RT seems to just be a poor version of the Android/iOS market, Windows 8 may have potential here though, but price needs to come down

Last edited: Dec 16, 2012

5. bioCor3

bioCor3 Guest

GPU:
    Windforce 670GTX
    The rotten win8 touch screen interface wouldn't help sales. Without easy access to menus in recent Windows versions it leaves the inexperienced scratching their heads and more than a little frustrated. Customers bring me Win 8 systems just asking how to do simple functions they could easily access on earlier windows products like XP and before.

Hiding menus and not having a simple arrow you can move over that pops up a description is rather unintuitive and should have been implemented at least or a quick access navigation menu that pops up with the click or press of a button.

People can work things out themselves if at least they have a few buttons or interface icons they can experiment with to discover their functions. Continuing to remove or hide interface navigation menus, buttons and other GUI elements frustrates users and greatly steepens their learning curve. Bad design choices M$!