290X Owners overclocking and sex act club

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by cowie, Nov 8, 2013.

1. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
  2. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Hi, I'm here for the sex acts. No but really, I'll share when my stuff is here.

3. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    w00t nice Ice you went for 290 crossfire? Good choice man especially if properly cooled. You'll have some killer system lol. :D

:)

New psu though? :D

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  4. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    yeah i forgot 290 in title its 290 and 290xxx club.
    2 290's does seem like the way to go on paper good luck with that :)

5. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    I have a 750W that's in storage. But sadly I have to exit the club as quickly as I entered; my friend decided at the last minute not to buy my 680 for w/e reason. And I'd rather not get just one. Thus, order cancelled. Oh well, I guess I'll just wait and see what comes up in the next year.

6. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    Nice title !! I want to join the club !!

I have two cards in crossfire with EK waterblocks. I run two benchmarks this morning. Slight OC for now that will be increased with some voltage increase, meanwhile I have no plans to flash them.

Let me share some numbers and temps after the benchmarks were done.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Taint3dBulge

Taint3dBulge Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090
    One word of advice for anyone getting these cards... Dont mode them or do anything to void your warrenty right away.. Play with the card for afew days stock.. Then when you know you dont have any display port's going out and gpu/ram is ok then start modding it.. Seen so many peeps with display ports going out.. Think myn is on the fritz too... I switched to the bottom port and all my glitches and black screens went away... Will test more on Saturday when I have the time and when iv had to much bf4 :)... Just thought Id let you guys know.. Im going to be putting on the accelero hybrid on myn, im not going to be using the double sided tape for my ram heatsinks. Im going to be gluing them on with AS thermal adhesive. My ASIC is 76.5% so that should yield for a good OC, but it needs the cooling.

8. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    yeah give it a run thruogh first then mess it up lol

Taint i would not bother with the permanent stuff on the rams just airflow for them is fine or sticky padded ramsinks.
    vrm is different you need sinks and airflow good ones too.

Holy @#$% thats a great 3d11 gpu score for just out of the box "xxx"cf postman great temps on those blocks.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2013
  9. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    just got the card installed today looks like 1140+ stock 1.25v with 1.33v real 1200+ rams go 1650+np for benching have yet to want to play games on it but not bad.
    Card is not as hot as I thought it was going to be(like a x2 cored card) and is ok so far.
    It definatly can keep the "xxx" hot name althuogh not as hot as a live show :banana: :banana:but not bad for hardware.
    I had good temps in room all it took was to crack the window a tad in my small spare room since wind chill was 27c today in jersey

Heaven hwbot x preset 68C max fan100% so it did get help with the outside air.

[​IMG]

without tess obviously

here with tess in FSX
    [​IMG]

I will edit in the non tess score but was around 64xx gpu side.

[​IMG]

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/1143835

So not bad after a bios flash and just stock cooling yeah it runs loud enough where you can not listen to it 24/7 100% but a few minutes is ok.

Still takes a beating with tess on but who needs that. now to mount a pot on it maybe tomorrow

Last edited: Dec 31, 2013
  10. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Awesome! Looking forward to seeing what you achieve under cold!

11. saif

saif Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280X DualX OC
    would it be possible to overclock from dual-x to toxic edition without much hassle?

12. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    it should saif since all are ref cards right now but test it alot at the speeds the other card comes with.

ok prepping up my card now for dice as i watch my favirite cam girl so its getting hot in here ja ja ja

Thing is i started getting black screens last night even stock soooooo i hope i dont end up like tk and toss it around the room lol
    thing has to go little faster cold i would think :3eyes:

i might stream the benching

*Well would have been boring
    I guess i am a rookie cus this card would not do over 1250!!!! -48c card flips out then black screen even mild clocks.
    ok ok i will try agian but mount was good and vrms were ice cold 1.40 real was all it would want if that.
    I will get my acxIII on it after tommorrows session it has to be better then todays....but these cards got great gains with even just 50 over clocks from yesterday just have to get some bugs worked out and am sorry for just saying and not showing :wanker:

Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
  13. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    I'm getting rather annoyed while waiting for custom versions. Gigabyte's GTX 780 GHz Edition is looking more and more appealing.

14. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    it's great to read about dude!

15. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    great to read about??? are you kidding me i ran out of xannax benching this card.

ok i know i know but NO WAY have i ever had issues with a card before like this

I even gave it another shot this morning....thats it no MAS!!!!!
    bs's!! setting fans did not work,stock bios nope,modded bios no way no help! just sucks everybody else is having a good time with this caRD .....ME NAH

[​IMG]

was ugly for bench runs but everytime i went to cat to set my settings blackscreens then dont touch ccc 3 minutes later bs's agian
    come on that is not fun for me at all
    Fitting theme i would think

Last edited: Nov 16, 2013

16. Illnino

Illnino Guest

GPU:
    XFX 290x EK H20
    Ok did a quick run
    Clocks: 1100/1400
    Memory: Elpdia
    ASICS: 71%

Only thing I touched was PL +50% and CPU was only at 4.2ghz. I will do some more testing later. So far no black screens and the stock cooler is no louder than my ref 7970 probably a little quieter.

[​IMG]

17. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    1100/1250, stock RAM.
    4.4GHz CPU.

Firestrike 10292.

Only MOD done was 290 to 290x BIOS, will try voltage tweaking and higher clocks later.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
  18. elMARIACHI

elMARIACHI Guest

GPU:
    3x Sapphire R290x
    Please state your maximum overclocks w/ voltages as well as manufacturer & model. If any of you are mining LiteCoins, please include your specifications.

19. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX

This is getting to be a hotter sex show then i thuoght becuase i got really screwed when you got the same card now for two hundred usd less then us 290x owners

owwww my butt hurts

anyway shtty score gt4 is falling off the mark for some reason just had to test the board for cold since i have four and forgot which one was better for that

lame ass show but i dont give hoot this time....paybacks a bitch.

1200/1600 1.3v

[​IMG]

anyways bench them if you have them
    hwbot 290x top scores chispy owns it now in 3d03 200k plus

http://hwbot.org/hardware/videocard/radeon_r9_290x/

Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
  20. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    The butt hurt line made me laugh.