GeForce GTX Titan review

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 21, 2013.

1. MadGizmo

MadGizmo Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 290X 8GB 2560*1440
    Great article. That's one hell of a card. :thumbup:

2. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    at 2560 how many fps would you expect to get?
    I dont think anybody is going to care about the performance per dollar if your slide show gaming?

3. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    To my knowledge, turbo modes won't kick in when all the cores are actually being used, so the listed clocks are just that. The 8350 isn't walking all over IB and SB, it's simply tagging along while it can. The 2500K is already as fast as a hexacore FX at stock, so it won't surprise me if it overtakes the 8350 at 4.5GHz, not to mention all the HT models with a mild OC compared to a maxed out FX. Any price advantage it has over the Intels will evaporate in a year's time due to the 8350's power draw, especially when you're running it on all cores. It's a GOOD thing that a game like Crysis 3 lets at least FX 8320/-50 shine, so hopefully FX owners get to see that more often, but that doesn't make FX a sensation to behold.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
  4. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    Just for be fair, Toms have precise it seems this is a problem with the driver used ( now its unclear if touch the crash they have got with it or performance wise ..) On anandtech who have not use OpenCL, the Titan is not doing so bad ( still it loose incredibly in the C++ AMP benchmark and directcompute bench ( DX ) .. let say, for now it is a mixed bag.

I dont expect to see OpenCL benchmark have good results on Nvidia cards, they basically dont optimise anything outside CUDA. ( This is starting to be a real error, as computing side, the comparaison start to be really not good for Nvidia when most and most professional compare the result obtained on specifc calculation with CUDA and OpenCL and start find better result with OpenCL ( first the same "results" using CUDA and OpenCL on Nvidia and it is even worse when they use AMD OpenCL vs Nvidia OpenCL vs Cuda).

5. Ji1986

Ji1986 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Well its safe to say the card it self is a beast and performs well.

However for that price tag I thought It would perform much better. I was waiting for the reviews to see whether I get rid of my 2 x gtx 670 for the titan.

but after seeing the review I wont be.....

6. Gripen90

Gripen90 Guest

GPU:
    2x RTX 2080Ti SLi
    I won't be replacing 3x GTX 670 for a Titan either...

7. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    No but it shows what the architecture is capable of when it is optimized for multi-core floating point type computing but we were only talking about Crysis 3 so all my posts were in light of Crysis 3 at stock now you bring it the idea that you were speaking of other uses and overclocking nice diversion. The point is that the average pc gamer upgrade his entire rig before the energy difference makes up for the initial savings most 8350 systems are around $150-$200 cheaper than a 3770K. On the over clocking side of things you really do not need to over clock modern cpu's in games as the link you posted shows. Now last point the other uses you mean like video encoding.

Edit: I'm done with this it's way of topic if you want to continue PM me.

8. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Seriously mental, when you consider its only between 25-30% faster than the 7970 which can be had for £300, you could even get 2x of em for £600 which would beat it, saving yourself £240 in the process. :p

9. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    This WILL sound stupid but here it goes. Guys can you please how much credible Anandtech's(no offence Anandtech) reviews are? I'm really serious, so please answer accordingly. And do not shoot me or something.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6774/nvidias-geforce-gtx-titan-part-2-titans-performance-unveiled/12

I simply ask because in almost all the benches which are games I play/like, that 7970GE CF is pure win in my eyes..

If those results are indeed absolutely correct and spot on(I ask this because many review sites test differently), I will be buying 2 7970's in a week. I need NEW toys dammit.

You can never be too careful with your money. That's a rule.

10. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Why couldn't they release a redesigned GTX 670/680/690 with a 384-bit bus and 3 GB of VRAM? The extra bandwidth would give the cards an edge where AA is concerned and the extra VRAM would prove useful for 2560x1600+ gaming. Then they wouldn't have to sell them for £825 either. ;)

11. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    Anandtech is one of best sites you can find.

Excellent review boss !!

12. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
  13. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE

Thank you Postman. Appreciated. Btw are those Sapp's under H2O? Also I have been reading and hearing about the microstutteing on the 7970's.That's among the few things holding me back from them.

If not too much trouble, can you share your experience with them? Thanks.

14. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Should be called the Titanic :D

15. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    Actually...I noticed they were running Crysis 3 over a Titan -well: GK110- for this, which not only makes the CPU debate on topic, but also probably completely pointless because it's based on results achieved with a GPU using release drivers running a day old game...not a healthy combination.

16. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    I shared my experience about my Crossfire 7970s a while ago. Here you are:
    http://lebgeeks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=13684

Since then, I tested the features of RadeonPro that I hadn't tested before, mentioned in the topic.

Do note that I had tested only one game though. It's a long read, but it should give you some info you need to know. Enjoy.

17. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Will do. Thanks. I'm also seeing that RadeonPro and frame limiting works wonders for AMD 7xxx owners..

Damn, I should stop thinking about new toys. I gotta hold on my 680 a bit longer. Thanks everyone.

18. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    ?????????? Your losing me mate. Both the AMD and the intel based rigs had release drivers I don't see your point. Just admit the best CPU for this title is the fx-8350 and we can move on.

BTW does anyone else find this comical the guy with the intel rig is at this point coming off as an AMD fanboy and the guy with the AMD rig is sounding like an intel fanboy. Because I certainly find it funny.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  19. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    actually I just want to read titan junk, anything else I pretty much block out. I really dont care what cpu is faster in x game. just feed me titan info

20. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    The 60 page in depth review was not information overload for you lol. I'm impressed and let down at the same time for more money than a 690/680sli/670sli or 7950cf/7970cf setup the performance just is not there yet hopefully they find that extra $400 worth of performance in the drivers.