AMD FX-8320 or i53350p?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by dirthurts, Nov 12, 2013.

1. m38930

m38930 Guest

Myself, just my opinion but I would recommend an FX series processor. I play a fair share of games, and haven't had any problems with them. Though you should research it, and get the one you feel is right for you. =)

2. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Past: i5
    Future: FX

3. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    agree

4. 3dPlayer

3dPlayer Banned

GPU:
    Have
    Even on BF4 MP the i5 is the way to go, by the time that games will be using all those cores we will have much better hardware. Now if you guys are on a budget then yes, AMD plataform is the way to go.

5. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    ^ lol, you always pop into threads and say that 3d. Can you admit that an FX outperforms lower end i5's across the board? The stats show it, the testimonials prove it. Admit reality ;)

6. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    What are u talking about - BF4 uses 8 cores already.

7. 3dPlayer

3dPlayer Banned

GPU:
    Have
    Yeah, so what?

What is the point of using 8 cores at such low usage? I prefer 4 more efficient, but that's me.

edit: i meant, using 8 cores at 80-100% not 40-50.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2013
  8. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    You don't have a clue what you're saying.

9. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    Its ok Pill, some will not admit reality. We've witnessed this on the forums before (many times before)

10. 3dPlayer

3dPlayer Banned

GPU:
    Have
    I don't have to admit it, it's all over the web.

So you are saying that Intel is less efficient than AMD? You are wrong. Intel cpus are stronger on single threads and use less power, but hey i don't have to tell you this because as an enthusiast i thought you already knew this...

http://www.hardwarepal.com/battlefield-4-benchmark-mp-cpu-gpu-w7-vs-w8-1/4/

As i said, it's worth it if you are in a budget situation, else get Intel.

11. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    ^ Of course I do know that, but that's not what were saying here at all. This isn't an Intel vs AMD thread. This is about modern gaming and the direction the industry is already at, and is headed. So your mighty i5's with great single core performance do great, but will begin to lose out when they're maxed at their four threads and other technology can utilize beyond that. Were already seeing it now and we'll see it more tomorrow. http://gamegpu.ru/images/remote/http--www.gamegpu.ru-images-stories-Test_GPU-Action-Battlefield_4-test-bf4_proz_2.jpg

I am sure at some point we will see more cores from Intel but that day is not today. I could imagine a Haswell i5 with 8-cores though - damn! Then we wouldn't even be having this conversation lol. Then again it would probably cost $700

12. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    They don't though. What kind of fantasy land do you live in? The 3350 isn't even low end, it's just missing integrated graphics and clocked a bit lower.

13. 3dPlayer

3dPlayer Banned

GPU:
    Have
    Ok. Talking about prices, the 8320 is damn cheap here in Europe compared to the 4670k.

8320 - 130€
    4670k - 195€

Yeah, i would consider the 8320 of course. But i must admit that if the gap was close i would get Intel.

14. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    Read above posts on this page, and all your questions are answered. Were not talking about every game, were talking about new ones that utilize threads and B4.

15. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Why should he have to admit anything when he can go to sites and cherry pick skewed results? He's done it in every thread that I've cared to read his posts in....which admittedly is very few since he's little more than a troll imho.

16. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    I mean even then, we're talking parity or a few frames ahead. Oh and for the record I'm not saying the 8320 is a bad choice at all. With good cooling I'd rather have one than a locked i5. They're more fun to play with. I just disagree with the "FX will get better over time" idea that people seem to have. It will have caught up, which is wonderful. People are getting the most for their money. But it's never going to be leading by some insane performance margin. Or any at all really.

17. 3dPlayer

3dPlayer Banned

GPU:
    Have
    sykozis Ok, then please show me a website containing charts of the fx favoring versus the i5 on BF4 MP, please, i dare you to.

Oh and btw, i was trying to have a healthy conversation but you guys just come here to spam and talk about my other posts...As always.

Peace.

18. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    lmao here continue please

19. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Well, fact is, the FX series processors are getting better over time. You just have to upgrade to see it..... Steamroller should be a pretty big improvement over Piledriver though. But, you're right. AMD isn't going to surprise Intel like they did with the K7 and K8 processors. Intel learned from the mistakes of NetBurst and aren't going to revisit those mistakes.

He always gets upset when you point out how hard he tries to find links that support whatever opinion he has....regardless of how many other sites prove him wrong. Don't really care though. His opinion means nothing anyway.

20. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    lol it is heading that direction isn't it. This is a perfect time for Del Boy to pop in with something hilarious, but he's been absent