Microsoft's Future Vision: Live, Work, Play

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Technology could transform our life at work, on the go, and at home. This is a snapshot of what the future will look like five to ten years from now. In the years ahead, technology will amplify our se...

Microsoft's Future Vision: Live, Work, Play

2. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    So, we got a 5-10fold increase in power consumption, a 5-fold increase in devices and the most important thing: Those kids in the Ad instead of friends have a TV to play with...

Well, I'm thankful that I managed to live as a human being for a while... Until it lasts ofc..

I can think of quite a few movies that I'm sure that our future will look like those. And they are almost never happy and usually it doesnt end well.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  3. Veeshush

Veeshush Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    Does that 3 word crap (Live, Work, Play) have a name? I swear there's some sort of power point type presentation school these people all go to. The one thing they never teach are how to show practical uses for any of this ****.

4. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    That's pretty much it. The days of living as a human being are over. We'll get more and more dependant on technology whether it be useful or not, and one day, poof.

5. tr4l1975

tr4l1975 Guest

GPU:
    sapphire RX480 8GB OC
    From what I'm seeing now in the younger generation (i'll be 38 in june) I'm scared already. People are so buy with their mobile phones,tablets,notepads etc. to notice what is actually going on around them. Don't know answer? "google it". Missed your favorite show or movie? there's an app for that. I do have a mobile phone, a PC, and other tech, but I don't rely on them.Nothing can replace human interaction.(I mean face to face)

6. Veeshush

Veeshush Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    I love how here, on a tech enthusiast forum, the very type you'd think they would be pitching this crap at, is filled with a type that still knows better than to fool themselves that they need tech gadget crap for everyday tasks and in every area of our lives.

Gives me hope.

7. tr4l1975

tr4l1975 Guest

GPU:
    sapphire RX480 8GB OC
    I Agree.

8. must_kill_ati

must_kill_ati Maha Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    /doom-n-gloom

Just wait until the kiddies are out of school and they start posting... you'll lose that hope.

I'd love to have the huge table top monitor thingy that is in the advertisement.

9. tr4l1975

tr4l1975 Guest

GPU:
    sapphire RX480 8GB OC
    The "kiddies" are in school now posting. Social media sites are filled with useless crap, because of it now. I don't need to know every 2 minutes why some kid is bored, because they aren't at home, watching tv or playing video games, instead of of enjoying what they have and being alive.

10. Veeshush

Veeshush Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    In the DVD bonus features to The Yakuza (Paul Schrader's first film by the way) they have "old" 1970s footage of Japan and they made the point that it was before everyone was walking around with cellphones in their hands. It was wonderful.

I don't own a cellphone, and when I do need one I just borrow a basic one. I don't have a Facebook/Twitter either. I really don't get the appeal.

edit

All this stuff when you think about it is pitched under a "share whatever it is you're doing, with everyone, at any time!" sort of thinking. I know more things about people from a look at their Facebook than I should know, to the point of creepiness.

"Hey, what's up? Oh, yeah, I saw that already on your Facebook..."

11. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    prob gonna be nothing like that

12. tr4l1975

tr4l1975 Guest

GPU:
    sapphire RX480 8GB OC
    I appreciate that. My mobile phone hs replaced my land line. It's not a smartphone(dumbass phone IMO). I only use it to make call and texts casually. I would rather talk to the person trying to reach me. I do have FB accounts, for basically entertainment for when I'm bored and inclement weather prevents me from doing much else. I do read books, watch tv and other things. What alarms me..for example is: I know a young person who is getting disciplined for failling a class. Taken away was all gaming systems(Ps3,WII,<XBOX and PC and cellphone.) Next thing I know, parent is going bonkers because the child is going nuts being bored without tech. IMO I don't see advancements in tech playing out to well in our future with moderate use and responsibilty. Just my 2 cents.(respectively)

13. tr4l1975

tr4l1975 Guest

GPU:
    sapphire RX480 8GB OC
    @veeshush on the creepiness of FB, yeah I really don't need to know the last minute my friends or family or any other people on my list went to the bathroom!

14. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    The scene where the kid is doing the story telling with the big screen and the story appears not just on the TV but also on the picture frames that where placed all around the TV screen, anyone else think of the scene in back to the future 2 where their are about 50 fax machines one in every room and how they all print out the YOU'RE FIRED message, it was kinda dumb in that movie and the concept just looks dumb here.

15. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    Maybe you don't need to be on facebook. Facebook is specifically for the things you're complaining about.

16. tr4l1975

tr4l1975 Guest

GPU:
    sapphire RX480 8GB OC
  17. proFits

proFits Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    I wish everything was a monitor :):nerd:

18. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    In reality it's Work Or Starve.

It's been said many times that being always connected or seeing everything someone does gets boring. Why do they keep pushing this lifestyle?

19. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070

"...buy more, buy more now..."
    THX1138 by George Lucus

Big Brother concept in 1984

20. Laykun

Laykun Guest

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    When they say "we" in the commercial they actually mean "the wealthy".

I love the way that kid is trying to keep the Surface RT on her legs, constantly slipping off and the kick stand folding up.