Can't get into the bios

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by Jonnyboy, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    In the past I have been able to get into the bios to overclock my i5 to 3.9 Ghz but not I can't even get the keyboard to turn on during boot and connecting another keyboard is a waste of time. In short is there some way, some how I can some how get into the bios because this is really starting to annoy the piss out of me because I'm trying to give my gpu a little more push in Battlefield 1 because the gpu usage hovers around 80%-96% and there seems to be a bit bogging down on the gpu end not having enough usage.

EDIT: I do realize I may have to upgrade my cpu at some point but at the moment I can only overclock it.

2. norton

norton Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 G1 Gaming
    you may have fast boot enabled in bios you have two options

1- your motherboard may have a software that can be used to access bios refer to you MB manufacture

2- just remove the CMOS battery to reset your bios to factory settings so fast boot will be turned off

3. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Try F2.
    You have zero hope of getting in the bios setup if the keyboard doesnt work.

4. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    Cleared the CMOS with a flathead screw driver and got into the bios

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017

5. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    More problems

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
  6. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    Well now this has to be the most nerve racking crap ever for some reason the cpu speed will not go up to 4.4Ghz even though I have the frequency set to 43 but it just does not want to run at 4.3Ghz instead it only runs around 3.7-4.3 and i have no idea what the hell happened to my system

7. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

It sounds like power saving stuff, it's not a bad thing. Alternatively the other option is you are hitting a thermal limit, it could be that your heatsink is clogged with dust.

From what I have seen, Haswell can be a bit iffy about 4.2 GHz, unless you use high voltages which will likely affect longevity.

8. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Speedstep? Is that still a thing with Intel boards?

9. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    I got it overclocked at 4.3Ghz with a 1.152 Vcore, Just need to run some games to check stability but for the most part it seemed to be related to not having enough vcore voltage. I tried using 1.20 for the vcore but the idle temps went up to 50 Celsius and 99 under prime 95 but only ran it like that for a couple minutes until I seen the temp and backed off on that voltage and I have it liquid cooled.

My motherboard is over two years old but have turbo boost and the typical power saving features in the advanced cpu settings.