Titanfall Has Multi-GPU Issues

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 13, 2014.

1. zzzaac

zzzaac Guest

GPU:
    -
    While it isn't really COD, it does look like one (and this is from playing it), the Source engine is ageing, heck Half-life 2 looks way better.

Although, to be fair this isn't a game that gives you the time to look at scenery.

Have encountered some bugs, but the main problem with my one is my Internet Provider, not the game.

I also agree it was over hyped no doubt because of Msoft and their Xbox

2. ceesay

ceesay Master Guru

GPU:
    2-X Titan X (Pascal) -SLI
    its a fun game that's all ...

3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    A game that was original conceived for the PC then made MS consoles not having mutli gpu support? boy developers are getting lazy

4. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Burn cards = Perks and Titans = kill streaks.......

Hmmmm you can paint a turd gold but at the end of the day it's still gonna smell like $hit.

5. Erol86

Erol86 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 4GB FTW (x2)
    Possible SLI Fix

Hey, not sure if this will help everyone but I was having problems getting horrible tearing and micro-stuttering with my GTX 670 4GB SLi in Titanfall. I've seen many posts on other web sites saying that you can get SLi to work using Nvidia inspector. These are the basic instructions:

#1 - Under the compatibility section, set SLI Compatibility Bits (DX 11) to 0x000121F5 (Bioshock Infinite)
    #2 - Under the SLI section, change all the "Number of GPU..." settings to match your hardware.
    #3 - Set both Nvidia predefined SLI modes and SLI rendering mode to FORCE_AFR2

There's also a mention of tweaking Ambient Occlusion settings but that just made for some trippy shadow effects so I defaulted those settings.

Now these tweaks did "activate" SLI mode for me, and I was seeing both cards drawing equal amounts of power but I think that Titanfall has inherent issues between the FPS cap as well as v-sync, and I was still getting the same tearing and micro-stuttering. What actually worked for me was forcing Triple Buffering to "ON". Also I run vertical sync tear control set to Adaptive under Nvidia inspector, rather than forcing ON or using the in game setting. After doing this, the game is running like butter. No slowdowns, input lag, tearing or stuttering. It also fixed the micro-stuttering I was getting in Diablo III so hopefully Triple Buffering is the cure-all. Hope this helps...

PC Specs:

Antec 1200 Tower
    ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN 3 Motherboard
    Intel i7 2600k CPU
    EVGA GTX 670 4GB SLI
    Corsair AX 1200 PSU
    16GB Corsair Vengeance (Low Profile) RAM
    Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU Fan
    OCZ Agility 3 120GB SSD
    OCZ Agility 3 240GB SSD