I want to enter MotorCycling.

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Mr.Bigtime, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    I never been in motorcycling before. Drove a scooter in 2004 and thats it.

I want to buy something cheap as this will be my entry point.

Im thinking to buy Honda CBR 125. What u think about it. Seller is my friend, so it is easy to buy. And if i wont be driving a motircycle again, i can park it to garage and forget it interma of money.

2. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Right...

So you have driven scooter before. 50cc one I suppose ?

CBR125 might not be good starting bike because of it's riding position. You might want something at which you sit straight (easier to controll bike at low speeds and when you are not doing much over 150km/h).

How much is that CBR125, km's, service, so on ? Take it for a test and see if you like it.

You might want to take a look at Kawasaki ER-6n.

3. dk_lightning

dk_lightning Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070Ti
    CBR is a arse up head down sort a bike.

IMO you would be better off with the CBF 125

But i think something like a Suzuki GN125 would be better as a first bike.

Easy to ride and maintain

4. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    dont forget tax and insurance,thats if you have them in turkey

5. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    You cant go wrong with a CBR125 really, decent starter bike although you will have to get used to the position.

6. scheherazade

scheherazade Ancient Guru

GPU:
    fullHDs
    The CBR will be fun, as it'll have the crotch rocket feel, if you're into that.

Personally, I'd go with a WR250. Dual sports are fun fun fun.
    I sold my gxsr 750 a few years back, and if I got another bike, it would be a dual sport.

Crotch rockets are hard to enjoy on the street, without breaking the law.

-scheherazade

7. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Hmm.

Tat, i dont remember what was the cc. And actualy i dont love scooters. Looks girly.

Well i will look the recommendations u made guys.

Also my uncle who loves motoring, and also have harley davidson, says he doesnt recommend speedy motors,. And yes he also said that position of cbr is uncomfortable.

I forgot to tell u that i wont be speeding. I just want to feel the wind, and to drive at weekends. Maybe at nights to drive,

8. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
  9. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    This is the one my uncle advised me. Well, my wife loved it but i want something a bit speedy looking.

Dont get me wrong, there r cultural differences. Even city my city it changes. And a scooter wont fit on me.

Edit: kawasaki er6n. Damn good looking vehicle man. But expensive. Not expensive to my income but expensive to start with?

And at same price, there is honda nc700s. Hard to decide which one is better. Damn.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  10. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    what about YAMAHA YZF-R125?

same price as CBR.. and looks more sporty?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Tranceholic

Tranceholic Banned

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 570 Fermi
  12. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Don't look very comfortable.....but that one is very nice looking

13. Coolerking

Coolerking Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX5700 XT
    so many questions....street or dirt? if not one or the other ..then whats the ratio?
    how tall are you/how much do you weigh?
    what will you be using the bike for? and how often?
    what is your budget?
    have you taken a motorcycle safety class? if not do it before you buy a bike..
    big difference between a scooter and a motorcycle.
    i am an experienced moto guy from so cal,( just got back from seca:thumbup:) i work for honda's baja team and run a yearly race that has more than a thousand entries, my best advice is to answer the questions i asked you and make up your mind on your own on what type/size of bike you need...pm me if you'd like to get more info...:)

14. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Biggie, what is the licensing structure like over there? Is it stepped like in the UK - ie noobs can only buy small bikes to start? Also, will you only be riding in the city or longer distances across the countryside? I ask because you'll quickly outgrow a 125.

If possible, I'd recommend something like a Suzuki SV650. These have been in production for a long time, are plentiful and cheap, light and easy to manage for a noob, yet sporty and quick enough to entertain you once you improve your skills.

This is the fully-faired S model, but there are also half-faired and naked models to suit your taste.

[​IMG]

15. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    hey man,

Street. i will drive only in Sundays and may e Saturdays too..and at nights. i WILL NOT SURELY DRIVE it in NORMAL TRAFFIC.
    im 91 kgs and 1.76cm. i dont want to spend alot of money as i even dont have a MC driving license lol.i will register today.

i also searched Turkish forums about this issue and most of the people says: if this is ur first bike, then go for HONDA CBR 125. easy to drive. and the height of the seat is short. and it is a good starter.

i found both of the yamaha and honda as seconds hands in my city.i will visit them. as i cant drive them, i will just sit and hold to gas pedal(or how u call it in english) and see if it is comfortable or not.

well i dont know the structure man. i will learn today or tomorrow. yes i will be riding in city only and in small / short times.

SV650 is not available here.. :(

by the way i made a mistake YAMAHA and CBR 125 aren't at same price.. YAMAHA is alot expensive.

yamaha ysf 125 and CBR 250 r same price but 125 is k for me..i wont be biking around alot.

16. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Just forget those 125cc ones. 250cc sport bike doesnt sound good either, you will end up revving it all the time if you want to get somewhere.

Those Honda scooters... Not really girly looking, just gay.

WR250, not sure... That is 2-stroke ?

Biggy, how about Honda CB600 Hornet? Tuned down PC-25 engine, will last about forever. It's not something you get yourself killed either. Two friends bought that as their first bike and were/are happy with it.

17. MrDre

MrDre Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX570
    I just got a Kawa Z750, it might be too expensive (at least in the Neatherlands they aren't budget bikes) but they look awesome and sit quite comfortable.

18. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Good thread! Since i started new job, i cant drive anymore so i was thinking about getting a scooter. So i can avoid traffic and sleep longer :D I dont need anything too fancy, but i know absolutely nothing about them. Any make or what to look after? Im sure i can pass test first time.

19. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Cb 600 is not available at honda turkey man :(.

I visited the local store too. And sit on cbr125. Man i touch the ground with my fingers. Barely. I thought it is a small bike. Is goddamn huge.

I watched utube videos. Europen and i think u eu guys r bigger than me :D

Im gettng cbr125 black!

Thank u all for all kind of reply.

20. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    CB 600 F is not available, well, they stopped making that bike few years ago. Used ones ?

Some 200cc-500cc motard might also do, like CRF230, some Husqvarna SMR, KTM, Husaberg or so.

Touch ground with fingers ? :D