Desktop brightness/gamma resetting

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by G0rG, Oct 26, 2005.

1. G0rG

G0rG New Member

GPU:
    Asus EAX1950 Pro - 256
    Hello!

Yesterday I`ve installed the most recent ATI catalyst drivers 5.10 (ATI radeon 9600pro 256mb). The problem is that when I exit a game or reset my screen resolution..., my desktop color settings are set to default, which are quite dark so it`s pretty anoying. Before 5.10 I had installed 5.8 catalyst and today I`ve also try with that ones and with 5.9 but the problem remains. When I click on color tab in advanced display settings it automaticly changes to my manualy set values.

Any ideas?

Tnx

2. Web junkie

Web junkie Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire X850 XT + Catalyst 5.11
    I get the same problem with ALL CAT versions I've tried on my X850.

I use ATI Tools with hotkeys to increase/decrease my gamma but some games just reset it back to default anyway. I guess it's just one of those quirks you have to live with, like me keep getting kicked into 60Hz mode after exiting games or booting up the PC sometimes :/

3. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    heh, silly me for not reading. As I mentioned in the cat 5.10 thread, but I wonder if ATI knows about this though?

I do find it a pain at times as my display is rather bright, plus its set to its lowest and still not dark enough.

4. Web junkie

Web junkie Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire X850 XT + Catalyst 5.11
    I'm the opposite, my LG 17" monitor is just too dark in games so I have to adjust the gamma with ATI Tools to make it brighter, except some games reset it while changing levels or options so I have to use the hotkeys again to put the gamma back!

It's got to be my monitor at fault as I've changed most everything else in the system: OS, Mobo, CPU, Graphics Card and memory so it's got to be the monitor!