StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by PhazeDelta1, Oct 21, 2011.

1. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Meh, looks nice and all but the same old spammy gameplay for ocd asians.

2. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    Which is more intense and fun for me than new and slow gameplay for people with arthritis :p

3. Shrawn

Shrawn Guest

GPU:
    8600 GT
    QUESTION!

I'm too lazy to find this out using the internet but will SC II Heart of the swarm be an expansion or stand-alone? (call me a bug fanatic if you will) but I really dislike the protoss and even more so the terran factions and it will be really annoying if I have to get SC II wings of liberty as well in order to play the Heart of the swarm

4. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    a simple google search would of told you its an expansion.

5. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    That can be bought & played stand-alone.

6. villa_youth

villa_youth Master Guru

GPU:
    780 Ti
  7. DireBadger

DireBadger Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1070 AMP Extreme
    Why the hell does it take so long to make an expansion pack?

8. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    To make sure it's worth your money?!

9. Sprecker

Sprecker Guest

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    SO people forget that they paid $60 for the original and don't mind ponying up another $40 for an expansion pack.
    I remember a time when DLC/expansion packs were $15 and carried alot of content that made them worth the money. I am not saying this expansion won't be worh it. I am just saying that for myself who payed $60 for a game that only had one campain out of the 3 factions in the universe. I can say I was expecting a little break in price.
    That's just me and the price isn't even official yet. I can understand them charging $40+ to someone who hasn't invested in the original campain and are bying this as a stand alone. I just don't agree with the one price for everyone as I can imagine alot of the content is already in the original release so campain, gameplay tweeks and extra units shouldn't be that big of a package compared to someone bying as a stand alone.

10. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    You do remember that WoL had nearly the same number of missions as the first game?

11. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Heh, I forgot about this thread. Nothing really new has come out about the game. Blizzard is famous for keeping things on the DL.

12. DireBadger

DireBadger Master Guru

GPU:
    It's taking them as long to put an expansion out as it some companies take to put a full game out. Also being developed for a long time doesn't mean it will be worth the money, look at Duke Nukem and Diablo 3.

Diablo 3 sold really well but that was mostly due to the franchise reputation, it's good for a single playthrough and then mind numbingly boring after due to the loot being crap and the entire game being developed around RMT.

13. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    How is that any different than any of the other Diablos? Pretty much everyone I know that played D2 is loving D3, like 90% of my mumble channel are still playing the game religiously and it's been like a month since it's release.

As for HOTS, it's taking so long because the game contains as many missions as the original. For multiplayer, they have radically changed a bunch of the units and are constantly changing previous things and balancing them. If you didn't know - the game is being played professionally (http://www.majorleaguegaming.com/live#sc2 big tournament is actually going on this week) the community that follows it takes balance very seriously. The devs aren't just going to rush out a game unfinished and unpolished, that's unlike blizzard.

They showed off tons of stuff this weekend at MLG.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-tNFR0HEDs&feature=youtu.be
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gcs52bErU4

Last edited: Jun 10, 2012
  14. DireBadger

DireBadger Master Guru

GPU:

Hah but D3 was released unpolished and buggy and i have also read posts from D2 fans saying they hated it. Main issues being the random stats, crap drop rates, reliance on using the auction house to progress at higher difficulties, and the ditching of randomized maps. I enjoyed my first playthrough but quickly became meh to me afterwords.

As for SC i just love the story and characters in it, can't wait to get into the new campaign and find out what happens to Kerrigan, Raynor, Megsk etc. Not gonna happen but i'd love another Terran campaign.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2012
  15. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    Probably the only reason that is holding me on the actual game is the actual Campaign. (and yeah i do think that $40 is too high as well. They should have made it $25 max)

As for Multi lets hope they make it more a little less screwed than what it is now in its current state.

16. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Curious, how is the multplayer screwed? It's pretty well balanced in it's current state. Unless you're talking about custom games and such - the 1.5 patch should address that stuff with all the store stuff they are adding.

17. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    Yeah i meant the custom games.

18. Kross

Kross Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GeForce GTX 780 Ti
    So, did anyone else notice Nova (the second ghost, leading the folks to hunt down Kerrigan in the trailer); a nod in the direction of the now-defunct FPS Blizz was creating (but ended up scrapping) several years ago?

Is Blizz's going to revive Nova FPS for the consoles once all the SC2 episodes are said and done? When there's more $$$ to be made, you never really know.

19. DireBadger

DireBadger Master Guru

GPU:
    Wasn't StarCraft Ghost a third person stealth game similar to Splinter Cell before it was cancelled?

20. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yup! It was a TPS. IIRC the trailer was on Brood War or Warcraft 3 CDs back then!