Asus Padfone will be available in Australia around July, price still TBA

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by robert1990, Apr 3, 2012.

1. robert1990

robert1990 Guest

GPU:
    HIS 5850 iCoolerV750/1100
    I was wondering when the PadFone will be available, so I wrote on ASUS AUS Facebook's wall about availability and the price, and here's their reply:

Damn, why so long? :( Anyway, hoping that it won't be too expensive :D

UPDATE: Now it goes pre-order in Taiwan. Looks like ASUS will launch PadFone in 20 April. Price: Phone / Handset NTD 17,990 (around $610), PadFone Station NTD 6,990 (around $240), keyboard dock NTD 3919 (around $130). Furthermore, ASUS willing to include an extra battery for the phone and Bluetooth headset (for free, I guess).

http://www.gsmarena.com/asus_padfone_goes_on_preorder_in_taiwan_will_launch_april_20-news-4059.php

Do you think it's expensive? Or reasonable?

Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
  2. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    They've been teasing us with this hardware for more than a year now. To be honest, I wouldn't pre-order anything ASUS again seeing my previous experience with the ASUS Transformer Pad Prime was quite awful since they kept shifting the release date and then had barely any stock rolling out.

I'd just hold out until ASUS releases it, then order to reduce future anxiety.

deltatux

3. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
    it would be better if they used the qualcomm s4 pro instead of just the regular s4.

whilst the regular s4 packs quite a punch in cpu related tasks, its still using the dated adreno 220 gpu, which probably wont look that great in tablet mode.

on the bright side, fully assembled im sure we can expect somewhere around 25 hour battery life given that theres a battery in the phone, a battery in the tab and a battery in the keyboard dock.

4. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    According to this Engadget article, the ASUS Padfone is going on sale in Taiwan for around US$610, with the tablet dock, it'll total around US$850 and as a complete solution with the keyboard dock will run you around US$980.

deltatux