Skyrim Mods

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by Ragingun, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Ragingun

Ragingun Guest

GPU:
    295x2
    Just started this game. Where do I download the Mods? Is it through Steam? Also, How much of visual effect do the Mods have? I game at 1200 res. Which Mods are the best?

2. ibitato

ibitato Guest

3. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    You will be restricted which mods you can use.
    Be sure to disable Aero to free up some video ram, you only have 1GB of mappable space.
    2GB system ram is very low, especially with Vista, it will cause horrible stutters.

If you can overclock, it will help, but the main problem is lack of system ram to get the game running ok with no mods.
    With many mods, 1GB video ram is a big limit.

4. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    Add some more RAM my friend - 2GB is not going to work well on most modern games.

As for mods - The Nexus was already linked for you and it's the #1 place for Skyrim Mods (and for many other games as well).

5. Ragingun

Ragingun Guest

GPU:
    295x2
    Thanks for the link. My current system is being overhauled. No worries with being able to run it. Even now I've got everything at Ultra 8xAA and average 48fps but I will be changing my system.

6. Ragingun

Ragingun Guest

GPU:
    295x2
    What's the best all around texture package? There's a darn ton of them...

7. Blood487

Blood487 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Direct CUII 580(SLI)
    I think the best one I've seen is Skyrim2k (Correct me if the name is wrong)

Does quite a massive overhaul on Skyrim and replaces a TON of textures with 2K resolutions textures.

8. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Thats good that you will be upgrading.. currently Im running a *modest* amount of mods and using k enb.. able to play at 45-60 fps with dof and ambient occlusion off.. and thats with my 670 overclocked and 2600@ 4.6,, thats at 1920x1080 also.

Best mods to look for are the immersive weapons, Immersive diaglogue, static mesh mod, sky ui, better blood, and if your system will be able to handle it, lush grass and lush trees.

9. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Most comprehensive one click mod is the 2K mod,. Imo though I prefer grabbing several different ones so that its easier to pick and choose and see what runs best with your system where if you go all in with something like 2k, it overhauls everything.

10. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    I have:

ALL 2k texture mods,
    Extreme ENB series graphics overhaul (SSAO enabled, and DOF enabled),
    Distant smoke/fog enhancement mod,
    Hi-res water texture,
    Under water green fix,
    Hi-res day and night sky,
    enable 8xAA, 16xAF, 1080p Ultra settings.

and a few more too and I can still pull in around 60fps with the occasional drop to around 57-55fps but very rare.

I add in Lush trees, and lush grass mod and my minimum frame rate PLUMMETS to around 35fps!! These TWO mods I would seriously stick away from unless you have crossfire or SLi even disabling AA, and AF it still didnt help much.

11. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    What are your ugrids set to?? I am wondering if by starting a new game with them set to 7 was a mistake as it may be bringing my fps down.

12. stalkerfan

stalkerfan Guest

GPU:
    GeForce 1070
    Any suggestions as to good shadow mods....mine look flickery and washed out.......maybe i tweaked the .ini early on and forgot what i changed.
    Want shadows to be solid and deep....not all light and blurry

13. Nichtswisser

Nichtswisser Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 670 DC2 4GB
    There is not much you can do about that. Increasing the shadow map resolution in the .ini improves it somewhat. Yet don't expect too much.

14. IAmGhostDog

IAmGhostDog Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 390
    You can always revert to lower setting by doing this:

15. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Don't forget the order of mods is very important, especially if you use a ton of them. It can get a little tedious! I have seen over the months in various threads (when searching) people having screenshots or listings etc of what they installed, and listed in the order of which they are installed. In many cases, entire mods were overwritten by other (potentially lesser quality for those components) mods! I don't know how you could say to list it, maybe putting the crappier mods first? :). There are guides for this too, but they only cover circumstances of the mods they list.

I'm just 'thinking aloud' as I need to 'overhaul' my lists and mods :S

16. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I suggest you wait for the new version of STEP to be released.
    The Overhaul mod for Skyrim.
    The new release is anyday now.

RECENT NEWS
    - 12 February
    Version 2.2.1 is coming soon with some significant changes. We will be moving the guide to the STEP Community wiki and hosting an asset with link to the guide here on the Nexus. We ask that STEP users download the PDF containing the link to the STEP Guide as a courtesy in order to keep STEP relevant and visible on the Nexus.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/11