ASUS Xonar Xense settings

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by crisis182, Aug 25, 2012.

1. crisis182

crisis182 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 560 TI
    Hi guys!
    I'm new in this website and I have some doubts.

I dont know how to configure my new xonar xense sound card and respective headphones (Sennheiser PC-350)

I've downloaded the last drivers but the problem is that I dont know how to configure it, it has too many options :s

Printscreen of the software:
    [​IMG]

I'm a counter-strike player so I need the best sound quality in game :D

I would be really grateful if you could help me out.

Sorry for my bad english, Cristiano Rodrigues.

2. nikavelli

nikavelli Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 Ti
    Source engine samples at 44.1 KHz so set your sample rate to 44.1

I've read Dolby Headphone cannot properly mix 7.1 so set Audio Channels to 6 (5.1)

Not sure what's up with your SPDIF settings. You shouldnt be using SPDIF with your headphones.

Make sure your in-game sound settings are set to 5.1

Those are the settings I use and I get pinpoint sound accuracy.

3. crisis182

crisis182 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 560 TI
    thanks for the answer :)

Last edited: Aug 26, 2012
  4. crisis182

crisis182 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 560 TI
    thanks for the answer.

I can disable the spdif output, should I do that?

EDIT:
    I play the new cs global offensive and I know that they improved the sound settings, as you can see in their website: http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/2012/08/3805/ and now the game fully support 5.1 sound.

So, should I use the sound card with 6 or 8 channels to play cs go?

EDIT2: And what about the dolby headphone option, should I disable it with the 6 channels selected?

Thank you, Cristiano Rodrigues.

5. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Yes, you can disable it or leave it as it is. S/Pdif is for your digital output and has nothing to do with your headphones or speaker outputs.

For your 6 or 8 channel question, it depends on the game, if it is sending out 5.1, use 6 channels, if the game is sending out 7.1, use 8 channels.

Dolby Headphone, is a modeling routine, to allow you to hear surround sound on normal 2 channel headphones. Many like it for gaming as it gives you a surround image when gaming.
    For Dolby Headphone, many prefer the middle setting.

The card comes with a manual, it might help to read it over and familiarize yourself with the various features and settings of the card.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2012
  6. nikavelli

nikavelli Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 Ti
    I am aware of the recent improvements to sound. They have more to do with improving sound positioning through stereo. You could try using plain stereo 2-channel sound (dolby headphone off) and see how that works for you. Just remember to match your audio channels setting to your game setting. If you plan on using dolby headphone, I would use 6 channels and 5.1 in-game.