Bluescreen atikmdag.sys

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by blize, Jun 19, 2014.

1. blize

blize Guest

GPU:
    Radeon XFX R9 270X 2GB
    I recently purchased a R9 270X and now I have bluescreen with the name dag.sys watching videos playing atikm not happen ... Only in videos that use Flash 14.4 and got the drivers use google Chrome.
    Thanks for the attention

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    HTML5 hardware accelerated video playback can cause that though I thought these latest drivers (14.4 and more so 14.6) had solved most of it, for Flash player you just right click on the video window and go to properties and untick hardware acceleration but for HTML5 (Such as Chrome or the Youtube beta for it.) it's a bit more involving though I believe you can fine tune it somewhat instead of turning off GPU hardware acceleration for the entire browser.

EDIT: About:Flags in Google Chrome (As if it was a web address.) and then "Disable hardware-accelerated video decode" might work. :)

Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
  3. blize

blize Guest

GPU:
    Radeon XFX R9 270X 2GB
    Yea for now i do one option that is expand the file atikmdag.sy_ i will see now if dont work i try this ... I think that was problem in graphic but i seeing thats not and its in drivers or browser

4. Anvi

Anvi Guest

GPU:
    R9 390 8GB
    I've had same issue with html5 videos using firefox and Windows 8.1.. Tried pretty much every 2014 driver.

Now I've reverted to 13.12 drivers and uninstalled MSI Afterburner. WTB nVidia GTX 880....

5. blize

blize Guest

GPU:
    Radeon XFX R9 270X 2GB
    And dont happens with 13.12 with hardware accelaration enable?

6. Anvi

Anvi Guest

GPU:
    R9 390 8GB
    Not so far. HTML5 doesn't even have an option to toggle it on/off :)

7. blize

blize Guest

GPU:
    Radeon XFX R9 270X 2GB
    So the only problem is with drivers 14.x xD

8. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    Seems like it.
    Thought my card is old but as far as I remember the only BSODs I had lately were caused by the latest 14.6 betas. I'm not sure if it was HW acceleration or something else (because my browser is pretty much open 24/7), but there were BSODs when I tried to launch some games.
    For example with Civ5 when I click Start in DX10/11 mode in Launcher I get a BSOD. Or with BF3 when I click on a server and Battlelog tries to start BF3.exe process I got a BSOD. Those were random like I get a BSOD, reboot, launch the game again and I play it without any BSODs. Right now it seems like those BSODs were caused by DX10/11 games because I play Dota 2 a lot and never had any BSODs in it caused by 14.6. Only when I tried to start BF3/Civ5.

9. blize

blize Guest

GPU:
    Radeon XFX R9 270X 2GB
    In games I never had only seeing videos for now i disable hardware accelaration and waiting for AMD solve the problem ^^