EA Paying for YouTube Love ?

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 23, 2014.

1. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    But even in the TV advertisements, you don't know whether or not the product being advertised even works.

2. JJayzX

JJayzX Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Trio 4090 W/C
    That's why people look to reviews and such online cause we know tv is bs but now we see were losing personal opinions.

3. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    On proper ads we all learn quickly to put our mental guards up against the hype because we know that it's meant to hype up the product in question... or I hope most of us do so anyway.

That and not mentioning that a paid sponsored ad is an ad is illegal in some places, like USA I think and probably EU too.

What lucidus said.

Paying for advertisement is fine. Paying for advertisement and saying (in this case it's by omission but using a medium that's meant to be very... 'homey' is getting really close to straight up denial if not mentioned, IMO) that the opinion spoken by actors is not paid ad but their real opinion is not because that's just outright lies.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
  4. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Reviews have never been completely trust worthy. This isn't something that just recently started. This has been going on as long as the internet has.... Every major corporation has done it at one time or another, including Intel and NVidia. Look at reviews on Amazon and Newegg..... Hell, look at PCMag reviews....

PCMag should finally come out and admit that Symantec pays them for favorable reviews of Norton products.....but there's nothing in their articles admitting such.

5. chanw4

chanw4 Guest

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    Its different for advertisement on the tv and paid review because

1. you know money are involved.
    2. they did not hide the fact that they are contracted to do it on the tv ad.
    3. For review site on youtube, that is getting shady and illegal when they decided it is okay to hide that they are under contract to promote said stuff.

6. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    If that's the case then they are scumbags.

7. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI

Money is ALWAYS involved.

8. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    So are you being paid to post on this site? :p

9. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    They do admit that a Norton employee was involved in the creation of one aspect of their "testing method".....which invalidates their testing methodology as employees from a company who's products you supposedly test and provide an "unbiased" review of should never be involved in developing testing methods.
    Source: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2424575,00.asp

2 of the most commonly recommended antivirus/security solutions from PCMag, are Norton and Webroot, both of which were found to have exceptionally high false positive rates by AV-Comparatives. Norton was found to have an exceptionally low detection rate by AV-Comparatives, being beaten by even Windows Defender. Of course, Norton claims that file detection tests aren't a viable measure of an antivirus/security solution's ability to protect a system......which should make all of their customers wonder about the product.

10. FerCam™

FerCam™ Guest

GPU:
    MSI Gaming GTX980
    And then they complain about piracy...

11. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    I think YouTube should shut down.

I'm a hardliner. Plenty of websites and companies should embed their own videos directly, showing videos related to them. The tech for creating your own website and embedding videos has been around for decades, so YouTube is kinda irrelevant.

Think about it.

12. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Then where would everyone else post stupid videos?

13. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Cat videos are NOT stupid :puke2:

14. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Depends on what the cat is doing.....

15. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    Kobra cat will sweep your legs! :wanker:

16. SirDremor

SirDremor Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1050
    Are you kidding?
    Youtube? Objective Review?! Don't make me laugh! Youtube is worth only for cute kitten videos.
    Other videos (non-science) - 99.9% are just total crap. If anyone relies on YouTube for good reviews or source of info... well, I can only say that it is very sad.

Should I start relying on "Gadget X vs Caliber .50" reviews?... they're so good and objective... they show how badly gadgets are made...

17. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    The only thing that slightly bothers me is that they wanted to "hide" this... other than that, I'm not surprised, most videos/reviews are either positive or negative advertisements, it has been like this since forever.

18. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I'd rather understand it as that Youtubers didn't care, and EA-Youtubers agreement details were secret. It's NDA as any other. If you sign NDA, it doesn't lift all the laws and responsibilities.

19. NAMEk

NAMEk Guest

GPU:
    Gainward/GTX560/2GB
    So that's why cracks exists, they force us to try the game before buying, by which i mean trying cracked version, i always say, Developers by which i mean Developing companies aren't worth fair game of consumers.

20. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Why do videos need to be streamed at all?

Why not offer a description and a download?

The quality of YouTube is beyond funny, it really is the poorest example of RGB and bitrate out there.

TV has channels...why not post a video at a site which is specific to the audience?

I mean - YouTube is kindalike a dumping ground for pathetic and sad videos