Far Cry 4 Announced

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 16, 2014.

1. jmpnop

jmpnop Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 260 Core 216
    Far Cry 2 didn't have good story but the world was very immersive. Far Cry 3 is too arcadish (or as someone said childish).

2. BedantP

BedantP Guest

GPU:
    1660Ti
    I like the way the player gets malaria.....
    :)

3. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I remember when i use to drink, playing FC2 for the first time on hot day with a few beers. great fun.

FC3 was like rubbing glitter in my eyes, pretty, but painful.

4. BedantP

BedantP Guest

GPU:
    1660Ti
    I agree. It's really unrealistic when a character dies and you dont try anything.
    Mass Effect series had dialogue selection which was somewhat realistic and the dynamic ending in which many characters die (due to me not doing loyalty missions for NPCs or the Position we keep the NPCs such as Mordin Solus to open the Collector base.) It was goddamn dynamic to see how players die if you dont do missions for them.

5. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Blood Dragon was the bees knees though. i want Part 2 of that, FC had its run imo.

6. gUNN1993

gUNN1993 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670 Windforce 3
    Probably just comes down to me liking good characters and arcady gameplay to immerse gameplay and bland characters.

Which in all likely hood means I'll enjoy FC4 and you guys won't XD

7. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Yeah, ive said my bit. Dont want to turn this into a bashing fc3 thread.

8. scrapser

scrapser Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ti
    Same here. It is what it is.

9. jack_rudolph

jack_rudolph Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 460 1GB
    Enjoyed previous three installment of the game..... I hope they include the Wingsuit from FC3.... It was hell of a fun.

10. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Both had great an bad elements. I hope for FC4 they can blend the both together. Vaas was a great villain imo, so combining that with with a bit more of a gritty atmosphere done right could fit in with a more realistic setting of FC2. Make the storyline a bit more brutal and a little less kiddy omg save the GF teenage angst bs but keep an interesting character similar to Vaas = Win.

Realism like FC2 or even harder, but combined with gameplay elements of FC3 = also win. AI was to easy in FC3, in FC2 the main problem was the "ZOMG LASERBEAM THROUGH 3000 BUSHES VISION".

Last edited: May 17, 2014

11. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Personally FC3 was one of the best games I played. I loved it from start to finish.

Sure it had some "bad" moments etc but overall I totally loved playing it until@100%. ;)

Thats my personal opinion so ones with different opinion dont start shooting please. :p

Last edited: May 21, 2014
  12. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I never finished FarCry 2 or 3... I wonder if it will be the same with 4.

13. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    I liked 1, 2, and 3 - they are all some of my favorite FPS games ever - so I'm looking forward to FC4 for that very reason.

14. Bleib

Bleib Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX 480 8GB
    Personally I would rather have a FC1 type of a game. Environments get old pretty quickly in FC2 and FC3.

Also it's sad that it will also come to the old consoles, as neither FC2 or FC3 were exactly "wow" graphically as FC1 was when it was released so many years ago.

Last edited: May 18, 2014
  15. Ursopro

Ursopro Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7950 WindForce3
    Yeah FC2 Sucked bad! FC3 was good!

16. TimmyP

TimmyP Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    Agree IMO FarCry 3 was the best FPS made since Doom.

17. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    I'd say one of the best, but not the best. I had a few complaints about the game:
    * It was WAY too easy to come across money and ammo. I bought just about everything there was in the game simply because I could, and I only got maybe 1/3 of the total treasures in the game. I would deliberately leave items behind because I mad enough money just looting boxes or doing side quests.
    * Not enough of the map was put to good use. There's a solid 1/4 of the map you don't ever HAVE to go into. I discovered everything and conquered every outpost anyway.
    * There's a glitch in the skill system where you can't always unlock everything.
    * Bows were uselessly slow, weak, and short-range. The silence helped, but only if you had 100% accuracy, which was hard considering their range. You'd make better progress distracting someone with a rock and knifing them.
    * Many skills and syringes either made the game too easy or were so situational that there were maybe only 1 or 2 uses for them where if you missed the opportunity they were basically a waste.

I intend to play the game on a harder difficulty, next time, so hopefully that'll help make the game more challenging.

Anyway to me, if Prey was a longer game, that would easily be my favorite FPS. That game was packed full of innovation. My only complaints were the game's short length, poor multiplayer, and basically invincibility.

18. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    ^I played fc3 from start to finnish on hard difficulty on the second playthrough and it was still easy, and i´m not even that good. I suggest you try the hardest difficulty.

19. GeniusPr0

GeniusPr0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Surpim LiquidX 4090
    UBIsoft has my respect again after Rayman and FC3 + Blood Dragon. They're doing quite well now.

20. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    Edit : Wrong thread.