GuildWars 2 Irritating problem not solved again..

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by kurtferro, Jan 21, 2013.

1. TheDukeSD

TheDukeSD Guest

GPU:
    MSI GT 1030 2GH OC
    Content removed because trolling and insulting other users is tolerated for some people in this forum. I do not stay in places where such behaviour is tolerated and everything I did in such places is removed.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
  2. Tommolo91

Tommolo91 Guest

GPU:
    gigabyte 7870 2gb oc
    Hi i'm the guildmate with the same gpu and the same problem that Kurtferro have found just after the entrance of order of whisper's cave (dungeon).

I've seen the same problem at lionar's pass near a fortress but the problem is that i remember same "irritating problems" with my old sapphire 5770 1gb .
    I haven't the eye to catch problems like that at the first shot but and i'm not sure that the problem was already existed with my old gpu, but now
    i can see the bug, shown like margins of precise geometrical side.
    Black/green are the colours

3. kurtferro

kurtferro Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE NiTRO R9 390 WB
    [​IMG]

4. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    lightning differences could be caused by shadows? shadows < medium makes the lord room @ hills (WvW) very dark, higher than that works fine (and i think every1 has that problem, not only ATIs).

5. kurtferro

kurtferro Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE NiTRO R9 390 WB
  6. TheDukeSD

TheDukeSD Guest

GPU:
    MSI GT 1030 2GH OC
    Content removed because trolling and insulting other users is tolerated for some people in this forum. I do not stay in places where such behaviour is tolerated and everything I did in such places is removed.

7. plywood99

plywood99 Guest

I have a 7970 and get the same problems with GW2.
    It's been this way for ages, since game first came out.

Heres is a SS with RadeonPro running:
    [​IMG]

This image is without RP and a fresh 13.2 beta 4 install all settings on default:
    [​IMG]

Sorry in advance for the large pictures...

8. kurtferro

kurtferro Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE NiTRO R9 390 WB
    tnx for your reporting, is your card gigabyte?
    ps:use img tag for screenshots

i think is driver issue because i remember that with nvidia card when i start to play, but with driver update they fixed it, in AC i remember that at 100%

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
  9. Legendary_Agent

Legendary_Agent Guest

GPU:
    Asus HD7970 DirectCU II
    guys this is a normal issue with the game, it has been like that since the first day i have played it, it is also not fair to assume its amd fault for the horrid performance ingame, yes the game has a disgusting performance even with top end hardware, but make no mistake this is not guild wars 1, this "modified" engine is far from beying optimized and chomps on your cpu like madness, not only that it is poorly optimized for amd gpus aswell.

10. kurtferro

kurtferro Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE NiTRO R9 390 WB
    dx9 game need to be optimizend on 2013 with new dx11 card for working good?

it's not the performance the big problem... and with nvidia we didn't see any lines, amd have to do something or with driver or talking with arenanet for resolve this problem.

11. War child

War child Master Guru

GPU:
    3090Ti Suprim X
    Kurtferro,

I had the identical issue with my Sabertooth P67 regardless of update. Since the board became aged (Z77 releases etc) I bought myself a new motherboard which was a p8z77 series and the issue disappeared. This was happening on my Nvidia 560ti at the time and occured more often than you state.

Ive upgraded the card since then, but my first use of the p8z77 in GW2 and the issue had disappeared completely. I am inclined to agree with the other posters here. I dont think it is AMD/NVIDIA at fault here but possibly the motherboard itself.

Don't take my word as the answer but changing the mobo while keeping all other components and Overclocks the same etc made the issue go away.

12. kurtferro

kurtferro Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE NiTRO R9 390 WB
    ok i have z77 mb with 650ti i will test my 7870 on it, difference is only pci-e 2.0 vs 3.0 in teory, but my friend have the same issue with z77 asrok, and others with amd platforms.. i haven't more problems with all nvidia card because before changed it with 7870 i remember was without lines, i dont know if was for driver update or game update because only in certain area you can see lines.

sorry if my english is rough.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
  13. TheDukeSD

TheDukeSD Guest

GPU:
    MSI GT 1030 2GH OC

14. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

[​IMG]

I've been noticing a few lines in other places too as of lately, but I can't say I've seen them in the past.

15. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    From what I've read, this isn't just for 7900 cards. It effects multiple configurations. You will only see these black lines while in dungeon areas, mostly. If the areas has a roof, then this is when you see these shadow lines. It's a bug with the game, and not a driver or card problem.

16. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    HD7970 running 1050/1500MHz. I have Guildwars 2 since 1st day of beta.
    I never had those lines on my screen. Tested on Sapphire reference board w/ default BIOS and w/ GHz BIOS.

17. kurtferro

kurtferro Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE NiTRO R9 390 WB
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

fractal:puke2:

18. asciikode

asciikode Guest

GPU:
    MSI R7950 Twin Frozr
    MSI Twin Frozr III 7950. I have this same issue, with all drivers.
    The GW2 devs have called it a known issue, but haven't done anything to fix it.

19. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Never had this either on my 7970 single or Xfire. It has to be a game issue, or we'd all have it if it was just the drivers.

20. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Do any of you force Anisotropic filtering in driver?

I saw something similar in Rage if i went over 12xAF or with any AF in SkyDrift.

The fix for skyDrift was to enable custom AF mode called - Aniso mode selector Cond.
    [​IMG]

Does Radeon Pro have a similar option? if yes try that.