MSI Afterburner 4.3.0 Final is Released

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 27, 2016.

1. dDub

dDub Member

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC
    edit: doesn't seem to work for me :\ only tried The Division though. Still launches in windowed mode and as soon as i switch to fullscreen it crashes. Should i be changing settings in RTSS like application detection level, stealth mode, custon Direct3D support, etc?

Also, i'm using the UPlay version of the game.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Nope. Then it is something related to other third party software in your system and I'm afraid I cannot help with that.

3. Unwinder

Sounds like the game is using partial frame buffer update (probably widescreen image with static black bars on top/bottom?). Try to move OSD up/down to render in on top of areas updated on each frame.

4. dDub

dDub Member

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC
    Only other programs i use are Precision XOC to overclock (OSD disabled) and Afterburner to monitor FPS, temps, etc (OSD enabled). DX12 in fullscreen DOES work if i disable Afterburner OSD. should Afterburner OSD not be causing the crash? sorry i'm a little confused (and probably stupid ;p).

5. Unwinder

That's not something you have to keep in mind, normally function offset cache invalidation is performed automatically and transparently for end user when new version of DX runtimes is detected. The problem in this specific case was in new DX12 cache invalidation implementation where IDXGISwapChain3::ResizeBuffers1 ivalidation was associated with D3D12.DLL checksum instead of DXGI.DLL one.

6. Unwinder

OSD "disabled" and OSD server NOT running are not the same things. I have nothing to add to it, sorry.

7. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    yep, it's a forced 16:9 aspect ratio on my 16:10 screen. already uninstalled the demo, so can't test your suggestion, but will keep it noted for the future, thx.

8. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    The Division crashing when switching between windowed/fullscreen is a known issue with the latest NV drivers starting from version 376.33 iirc.

Try reverting to older drivers for the time being.

edit: it's actually listed as known issue for Maxwell GPUs but worth trying a different driver version anyway I think.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
  9. dDub

dDub Member

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC
    hrmn, well i'm on pascal, with an EVGA 1070 SC and The Division only crashes when switching windowed/fullscreen when DX12 is enabled andAfterburner overlay on. I am on 376.33 though. Don't think i'll bother with the hassle of reverting to old drivers though since DX11 is running well enough. I actually got a boost and fixed the sometimes starting in Windowed mode by deleting everything but 'user.bindings' in C:\Users\username\Documents\My Games\Tom Clancy's The Division\ as suggested on Reddit.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
  10. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Super
    I cant seem to find the "apply OC on startup" option. Where is it?

11. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    It all depends on what skin you are using.

Which one?

I still use MSI default v3 and its in lower left corner.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  12. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Super
    dragon and the button does not work.

13. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    when you say it doesn't work, does it light up when you click it.

Also there is the setting to start AB at startup in properties>general tab.

Here what I do, I set up profiles and save a few then enable the apply OC at system startup setting and then lock all profiles.

This will do a silent AB startup that triggers clock (your profile OC ) w/o starting AB GUI.
    if you want GUI to then set as i mentioned above in general tab.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  14. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Super
    huh so profiles should be unlocked prior to click the apply button and light it up. OK did that now, and yes i have windows startup enabled in settings as well.

Lets see what happens in next restart. Thanks! :)

15. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    If you have a profile OC enabled and lock it, there no need to try and click the "apply OC at system startup" cause its done by lock, I shouldn't even enable.

In the end you should have a task scheduler listed for AB.

If all that doesn't work might be something with your profiles.
    try deleting then in profile folder and restarting AB and reset profiles, thats only thing i can think of off hand.

That generally fixes any issues.

16. Unwinder

RTSS 6.6.0 beta 3 is available. Full 6.6.0 changes list includes the following:

http://office.guru3d.com/afterburner/RTSSSetup660Beta3.rar

o Added early experimental Vulkan API support:
    - Full framerate/frametime statistics collection and framerate limiting support
    - Initial On-Screen Display support. Currently “Vector 2D” is the only supported On-Screen Display rendering mode for
    Vulkan applications
    - Screencapture and videocapture functionality are currently not supported
    o Fixed Direct3D12 function offsets cache validation algorithm in hooking system
    o Improved compatibility with Direct3D9 applications, which dynamically recreate Direct3D devices
    o Added new “Injection properties” compatibility settings section to “General” tab:
    - Added injection delay adjustment settings for delayed hooking engine. New settings are aimed to provide an alternate
    and easy to use way of disabling delayed injection for applications using 64-bit Steam and Origin overlays
    - Added “Reset cache” button. The button can be used for troubleshooting to invalidate function offsets cache without reinstalling
    the application
    o Updated SDK:
    - Added new profile management API. Profile management API allows third party applications to read, create or modify
    application-specific profiles and create own built-in GUI for RivaTuner Statistics Server profile management if necessary.
    - Updated RTSSSharedMemorySample sample code. Now the sample demonstrates new profile management API usage
    and shows how to adjust On-Screen Display position and color in global RivaTuner Statistics Server profile from a third
    party application
    o Updated profiles list

Also there are some changes on Vulkan OSD implementation side comparing to the previous beta 2. Vulkan OSD should now work properly in Vulkan applications when frames are being presented from non-graphics queue. The only currently existing Vulkan application behaving this way is DOOM (only on AMD graphics cards), because it is asynchronously presenting frames form async compute queue in AMD codepath. Such presentation implementation makes Vulkan OSD rendering rather expensive in performance hit terms, because it requires forcible graphics and async compute queues synchronization. So now rendering OSD in DOOM/Vulkan on AMD cards may reduce performance by approximately 5% (the same applies to Steam FPS counter in DOOM/Vulkan on AMD), but I believe that there is some space left for optimization and it can be improved in future versions.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  17. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    If I intend to install this over 6.6.0Beta2, should I first remove the line of code from the global config file that already does the injection delay? Also, thanks for all of your amazing work. I'll install this new beta in the coming days and report back with any findings.

18. Unwinder

You may install it on top, global template config will be anyway overwritten by installer.

19. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    tried it with DOOM , works fine

20. Unwinder

DOOM was working before with beta 2 as well on NVIDIA cards, Vulkan related improvements in beta 3 are specific to DOOM/Vulkan AMD codepath.