NV4x softmodding boom continues. Ability to enable hardware masked units with RC15.2!

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Unwinder, Sep 28, 2004.

1. Skazz

Skazz Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GT 512MB
    Be assured that loads of 6800LE owners (particularly here in Holland where they are being sold in large numbers) are monitoring this thread carefully :)

2. humppa76

humppa76 Guest

And I was already wondering if the Aopen 6800LE is the only model of the 6800-series being sold in Holland ;)
    Already four of them in this thread now - all from Nederland...

3. evert.999

evert.999 Active Member

GPU:
    vga 512kb
    Yes! i am one of them, i live in holland, this dutch thread http://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/list_messages/944322 on this big dutch message board is the place where al the dutch 6800LE tweakers or discussing the modification(s) for the (mostly aopen) aopen and xfx 6800 LE.

I am mister_x over there. :)

4. Skazz

Skazz Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GT 512MB
    We have a choice of two main options from various different shops around Holland....

XFX 6800LE for 199 euros with temp sensor and 2.8ns RAM
    AOpen 6800LE for 199 euros with no temp sensor and 2.2ns RAM (but it's really an NVidia reference board complete with reference cooler and everything)

Both are OEM only, which means taking the PC to the shop. But for that price and with the hope of unlocking some pipelines later on many of us went for it. And indeed, 6800NUs have only recently started to be available in serious quantities.

5. evert.999

evert.999 Active Member

GPU:
    vga 512kb
    i work in such shop, so i had a extra 10% discount on my aopen 6800 le, (not 199 but 179euro for such a good card...)

So i hope i can test my card with the new (beta) riva tuner a.s.a.p :) or i will hard solder my card i think, i just cant wait so long.

6. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

He tested 15.2

7. majetrix

majetrix Member

GPU:
    Asus V9999GE
    Got your mail Unwinder :)

I had 100% success with my V9999GE.

[​IMG]

8. Lief_Adje

Lief_Adje Guest

Unwinder could you please send me also a copy of rivatuner 15.2 to test with my Aopen 6800LE ?

thx

9. AJ²06

AJ²06 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GT 330M 512MB
    Wow...
    If this works I can save $100... (and put that towards memory... :D or HD...!) Keep workin guys :thumbup:

10. 1khz

1khz Guest

I'd like to try rt15.2 on my gainward 6800 Nu please.

My e-mail is 1khz@mail.com

thx

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2004

11. zhugeliang

zhugeliang New Member

GPU:
    BFG 6800 OC 128mb
    Id like to test the beta on my bfg 6800 oc unwinder. I dont believe anyone has tried with it yet. zhugeliang_@hotmail.com

12. majetrix

majetrix Member

GPU:
    Asus V9999GE
    This is amasing. What is the success rate about now? 100% ?

13. glaerox

glaerox Guest

Hey Unwinder,

I was wondering if you still need some beta testers for rivatuner! I have a Aopen6800LE (original bios, non NU) and want to give it a try(unlocking the pipelines and vertex shaders) I hope you till seeking for beta testers.

Regards, Bastiaan , Holland (glaerox@home.nl)

14. Unwinder

majetrix

Thanx a lot for testing / reporting.
    If you wish me to add info about you in RT's About tabs / beta testers list - please give me your full name ;)

All

Thanks a lot for you wish to help, guys. But this feature testing is already finished, so please stop sending me beta testing requests. I've selected about 15 users with different systems, and it is more than enough for closed internal beta testing. Most of them already reported the results, and the current statistics is:

- 2 absolutely unmoddable 6800s. Major artifacts on both of them in 16x1,6vp. The tester just tried to enable both pixel and vertex units simultaneously, so there is a possibility that they are partially moddable, but anyway I treat them as unmoddable because he has not tried to enable units separately.
    - 4 absolutely moddable boards. One of them is my MSI NX6800 16x1,5vp engineering sample, which can work in 16x1,6vp after modding. The second is ChrisRay's 6800NU reference sample, which can work in 16x1,6vp too. The third is one of those fake 6800s, humppa76's serial Gigabyte 6800 with passive cooling, which was 8x1,4vp by default. It seems to work fine in 16x1,6vp too. The fourth is majetrix's ASUS V9999GE, which also works in 16x1,6vp.
    - 9 partially moddable boards. 8 of them are 6800NUs with one damaged quad, but fully functional 6th vertex unit, so they work fine in 12x1,6vp mode. The last is 6800LE, which has 2 damaged quads, but both locked vertex processors seem to work fine too. So it works in 8x1,6vp configuration.

Reports from two more testers are still on the way. First I declared that this option will be added to RT if we'll see at least one sample, which can work trouble free after enabling hardware masked units. But even with this statistics, it is more then enough for me to see that an ability to enable hardware locked units really worth adding it to RT. So please simply wait for 15.2 launch, which is scheduled on 4th of October. Then we'll collect more precise global statistics with your help.

15. majetrix

majetrix Member

GPU:
    Asus V9999GE
    Unwinder :

My name is : Peter Jensen
    Btw. the card is still 100% stable now at 420/1200 mhz. This Asus board os amazing.

16. Unwinder

Congrats, Peter Jensen aka majetrix is in RT's about tab ;)

17. ChrisRay

ChrisRay Member

GPU:
    Geforce 8800GTX 575/1900
    Excellent Work unwinder, We enthusiasts really do appreciate this work you do, And I can definately say I thank you, I personally dont care about the 6800GT or 6800U that I was fawning over the past 2 months, This modded card will last just that much longer and the performance is quite close now. :)

I am really impressed by the Vertex Unit success rate, it looks to be almost 100%, Which makes me wonder why Nvidia even bothered disabling them.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2004
  18. Synth

Synth Guest

Unwinder.

I work in a retail store and have access to about 3 + 1 (mine) leadtek a400 6800nu's. I wouldnt mind giving 15.2 a whirl at them and see what kind of results turn up.

mattdc2@shaw.ca If your interested.

tnx

19. ChrisRay

ChrisRay Member

GPU:
    Geforce 8800GTX 575/1900

I think you missed unwinders last reply :)

20. GeniusLoci

GeniusLoci Guest

Hi, I have 9999GE too, so I hope you'll put me in the "beta program". I have also GB6800, but as it seems is LE version, altough there is no "LE" on the box (GB..what else to say). Still waiting for new Axle 6800..

geniusloci@hardwarebg.com