Call of Duty Black Ops 2?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Feb 17, 2012.

1. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Works fine for me. Try the usual check integrity, delete client.blob stuff.

2. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Wow, double xp is insane! I was level 52 when it began and now I'm prestige 1 level 19 already!? I couldn't have played more than 2 hours.

3. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Especially the beginning is very fast. I think level 1-30 passes by in no time, the higher it gets the longer it takes ;) Usually ~2 hours per day on a double XP weekend means one more Prestige rank at the end of it.

4. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Even 30 is a lot really..

BTW .. which AR is good? I can't make up my mind .. FAL OSW, SCAR or the last one .. AR something.

5. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    As long as you put on the stock (and maybe quickdraw grip too) many of them are quite nice.
    The AN-94 is a beast, the Type 25 is very nice, SMR and FAL are great single-shot weapons (that may be upgraded with selective fire later on).

6. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Thanks, I will test out the stock attachment :D I usually paired the AR with the target finder or the holographic scope and fast draw and the B23 something pistol for close quarters.

BTW level 25 already :-O I guess setting my skorpion evo and shotgun to prestige at the same time helped pile on the XP!

Kinda worried about the new peacekeeper smg they're adding in the DLC. I hope it doesn't ruin weapon balance!

Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  7. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Xbox 360 received a patch a few minutes ago, we might too.

New Features & Feature Improvements

Added support for Live Streaming in all Public Match playlists.
    Added League Best from Season 1 to Player Card.
    If you played in multiple series and/or multiple teams then your highest division and rank will be displayed. The League Best will span all seasons. If you finish with a higher division rank in Season 2 then your new League Best will be displayed after Season 2.
    Added a Cumulative Daily Pool instead of a Weekly Pool in League Play. 200 Rank Points are added to a player’s pool every day. Points that are not used are rolled into the next day.
    Added 2 new pages to the Combat Record (the Combat Summary and Medals).
    Implemented sorting of Medals in the After Action Report.
    Lowered HUD threshold for the "low health" overlay to increase player’s awareness of low health.
    Added a “Go to Top” button for the League Leaderboard.

Issues Addressed

Matchmaking modified to never return games outside of player’s own continent, unless the Connection Type in Search Preferences is set to “Any”.
    Addressed an issue where the UAV would not trigger if called in while aiming down sight.
    Addressed an issue where the Master Demolition challenge did not unlock when the requirements were complete.
    Addressed issue with the headshot sound not playing in final Killcams and Theater Demos.
    Fixed an issue in League Play where “Career Wins” for a Series were not displayed during placement in the Lobby Career Overview.
    Updated the After Action Report in League Play so that bonus points are not summed with the ladder points in points earned for the match.
    Removed the ability to make dual wield attachment combos in Elite Create a Class and addressed an issue where these classes were appearing as missing in game.
    Corrected mode description message displayed on YouTube when Live Streaming Public Match Core game modes.
    Stocks on SMGs no longer allow a player to move faster while ADS than when moving normally.
    Shotgun crosshairs will no longer turn red if an enemy is out of the shotgun’s maximum damage range.
    Fixed an issue where bullets would not fire straight immediately after aiming down the sight while moving at the same time.
    Improved turret tracking to eliminate false positives when checking line of sight.
    Turrets now have smoother tracking when targeting players.
    Improved bot pathing on multiple maps.
    Current League Info is now getting updated properly in the Player Identity.
    Manual sorting on League Teams removed as the results are now returned correctly.
    Improved the Scoreboard to make friend Playercard information more accessible.
    Addressed multiple UI issues.
    Players can no longer earn credit towards a Prestige Equipment challenge through “friendly” flashbangs, concussions, and shock charges.
    Fixed Select Fire weapons reverting back to their default fire method when using certain Scorestreaks and not calling them in.
    Addressed an exploit where the game allowed access to the Custom Games Settings while believing the game was Public Matchmaking, allowing XP.
    Fixed UI errors when linking Live Stream.
    Score and points are no longer awarded if a player destroys their own turret in Hardcore FFA.
    Improved image alignment when Stereoscopic 3D is enabled.
    Addressed an issue where players were able to plant numerous Assault Shields.
    Addressed an issue where the Stealth Helicopter was able to drop below the map in Drone.
    Players are no longer able to get infinite Black Hats by immediately using another Black Hat.
    Addressed an issue where it was possible for a player to equip two Assault Shields at the same time.
    Players Spectating a One in the Chamber game no longer earn Survivor Bonus Points.
    A player can no longer earn Medals for multi-kills if they continue to kill quickly after dying and re-spawning.
    Various minor map fixes were made across multiple maps.

Gameplay Balancing

Scorestreaks:

Death Machine: 3 hit kill range increased.
    Dragonfire: health increased, gun spread reduced.
    AGR: ground speed increased, reduced machine gun close range damage.
    Warthog: reduced missile delay.
    Lodestar: reduced missile speed and AOE radius.
    Swarm: drone re-spawn delay increased.

Perks:

Hard Wired: Players with hard wired are now completely unaffected by EMP grenades.

Equipment:

Trophy System: increased range.

SMGs:

All + Silencers: reduced range.

Assault Rifles:

All: reduced idle sway.
    M27: reduced amount of bullets to headshot kill at all ranges, increased 4-hit kill range.
    Type25: reduced amount of bullets to headshot kill at all ranges, slightly reduced maximum hip fire spread.
    SCAR: reduced amount of bullets to headshot kill at all ranges, slightly reduced maximum hip fire spread.
    SIG556: penetration increased from medium to large, increased maximum number of bullets to kill at long distance and reduced burst delay.
    MTAR: increased 3-hit kill range.
    SMR: slight increase to damage so that 2 hit kills can still happen with minor penetration, headshot multiplier increased at long distance.
    FAL OSW + Select Fire: increased recoil.
    FAL OSW: increased hip spread.

LMGs:

All: ADS in and out time reduced.

Shotguns:

SRM1216: slightly increased short range damage.

Pistols:

Executioner: increased medium range damage.

8. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    isnt that for revolution ?

9. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
  10. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    ah cool, so anohter patch next week :p

11. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yeah! New patches, new oddities :p

I'm not sure of the Assault rifles, I think the Scar has become better and the FAL nerfed. Hmph .. back to the Scar. I hope I fare better :eek:

12. IAmGhostDog

IAmGhostDog Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 390
    Am I reading this right?

https://twitter.com/DavidVonderhaar

xBox gets the DLC on Tuesday, and Season Pass holders can download it?
    What about playing it?

And yet.
    We were blasted with this message of the day.

[​IMG]

13. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I think there's a wallhack floating around. I saw two guys wall hacking - one in Yemen and the other in Radical's favourite Nuketown 2025. Hope 3arc cleans up soon, so far they've done very well!

14. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    :D Yemen is one thing but Nuketown is just such a limited map, in all aspects, that I never know what to think of it when someone gets weird hits there. Limited spawns, limited corners and people playing it all the time really doesn't help the situation :D

I had a bad feeling here and there during double XP too though. It seemed like double XP also meant twice the idiots :)
    Hopefully the matchmaking changes in the upcoming patch will help with some of the most typical issues.

15. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HAHAHA! I got accused of being a hacker because I took out camper bitches with their own bouncing betties, thrashing their UAV/choppers on arrival and guardians without apparently firing a shot :D Wheee :D

16. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    New patch is out

17. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    It's great how they're playing around with things no one needs, like their precious league system or live streaming, and don't do much about the obvious faults and issues that are still around.

The "continent" part is also quite funny as continents, usually, tend to be quite large ;) Too large to ensure good connections at least. I wouldn't want to play with someone from Russia as even connections to Turkey or Greece don't seem to be very good. US west and east coast don't go together all that well either.
    Guess they don't want to care as it's such an obvious thing.

18. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yeah that continent bit is weird for me too. I live in the middle east but I always play with people from Europe as everyone here seems to play only CS 1.6 or TF2 .. forever alone ops 2? :-O

Edit: Damn, it really did mess things up for me. It took me well over a minute to get into a game otherwise it was usually under 30 seconds.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  19. kill007

kill007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF
    liking the new patch, using AR atm just to see if its still worth over smg's...i still feel like smg's are too strong due to the rate of fire vs AR. need bigger maps for AR's to become useful.

also here is some gameplay of me with the fal/msmc

recorded using fraps, would love some feedback on the quality of the video and the gameplay and what improvements i can make!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q-XmsptbGE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sllz_eBr6aM

20. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    The real problem with the mechanics, to me, is the accuracy of hip-firing. ARs have a wider spread and so you'd typically ADS before you shoot.
    An AR is quite "expensive" to use as I normally need Lightweight, stock and maybe even grip to be as good with an AR as I am with one of the SMGs.
    There, on the other hand, you'd only put the longer barrel (maybe even FMJ) on to get a comparable performance to the ARs.

@lucidus: I'd really like to know where their "servers" are located. It always seems like they're spread thin and way too small in capacity to handle what they're supposed to.

One of the good things CoD always had was the snappy gameplay. With this game if often takes a second (feels like forever) before a shot registers or the enemy drops after you saw the "x". That's not right.