Questions about 4770k and overclocking

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by zeroskillz, Jul 20, 2013.

1. zeroskillz

zeroskillz Member

GPU:
    EVGA Titan GTX SC SLI
    My current setup is in my sig, adding the 4770k and sabertooth z87 motherboard. I've done a lot of research on overclocking/temps for the 4770k and overall I was pretty nervous when upgrading (only did it because my old motherboard died and figured it was time to upgrade). So far, I've been absolutely amazed at the results I've gotten and wanted to know if the horror stories I've read were just with the release cpu's, or I just got lucky.

Current clock 4.7ghz @ 1.25v ~65c max temp on h100i. This is only my second reboot and I haven't pushed much further, but are these pretty decent so far? Thanks for the replies in advance.

2. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    What are you stressing with? I understand "traditional" methods aren't so good with the new architecture. Temps seem fine though, you may have a pretty awesome chip there by HW standards.

3. zeroskillz

zeroskillz Member

GPU:
    EVGA Titan GTX SC SLI
    Was a little stressed because I had a 2600k that clocked at 5ghz for 2 years that I was in love with, and every review I read basically said that if I didn't get to at least 4.7ghz on the 4770k, it would be a downgrade from the 2600k.