How do I get into Safe Mode with Windows 8?

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by miffywiffy, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Absolutely horrible, one click more for task that I do only once a day. :eyebrows:

2. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Or pushing the Power button on the case, or pressing Alt+F4 when not in an app. =b

Does pressing Alt+F4 when not in an app still show the shutdown options on Win8, though?
    Been awhile since the last time I tried Win8.

3. Aurzi4232

Aurzi4232 New Member

They have indeed really ruined Windows with this version that is an even WORSE failure than Windows Millennium.. I can't even get DirectX installed.. one problem after another.. needless overweening security.. ridiculous measures just to have a less than half tolerable desktop... I tlooks like Win 3.11.. I feel like I am wading around with a flaming bag of dog poo on my electronic doorstep. The list goes on and on and on and on of the things I don't like.. Abject failure it is.. I may just have to go back to Win 7.. TG I made a full image before upgrading to this pile of cr*p.. Tell everyone not to bother and or to get their money back.. It's horrible.. and please excuse my rather pungent tone and language.

Namaste...

4. drzardoz

drzardoz Guest

GPU:
    geForce 9
    Safe Mode for Windows 8

Everyone just calm down.

To get to Safe Mode:

At the bottom right side of the login screen, right click on the Shut Down icon, then press SHIFT and left click RESTART.

You will be presented with several options, select TROUBLESHOOT.

From the new set of options select ADVANCED OPTIONS.

From the next set of options select STARTUP SETTINGS

Here you will find lots of great diagnostic choices.

May I also suggest that you create a Custom Refresh Image because it will preserve your files AND 3rd party applications unlike the Windows Refresh which will only preserve your files and settings.

David

5. Nato.dbnz

Nato.dbnz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5870 Crossfire
    Ah yes, I can see how this is an improvement over tapping F8 on startup.

:bang: