3DMark Vantage Has Gone Gold

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Watcher, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Watcher

Watcher Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX6700 XT
    http://www.yougamers.com/news/18513_3dmark_vantage_has_gone_gold/

http://www.futuremark.com/3dmarkvantage/

http://www.futuremark.com/3dmarkvantage/promo/?redirect=/

Watcher

Last edited: Apr 26, 2008
  2. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    ohhh single run on Trial........great

3. xg-ei8ht

xg-ei8ht Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1gb 6870 Sapphire
    dx10 meh

4. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    What a joke. Seems they are to make purely money and lots of it and try to get people buy Vista.

5. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I'm predicting we're gonna get alot of crying from people who haven't changed to Vista yet. Oh dear lord, I can already see how it'll be. Cry, cry, cry.

3Dmark has always been pushing the envelope. It's all about the next gen, and if you agree with it or not is totally irrelevant. Don't have Vista? Boo-hoo, your loss/gain, however you want to see it.

6. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    I'll rephrase my post since I was in a hurry when I wrote it:

What a joke. You are basically FORCED to pay if you want to benchmark your system with 3DV. Nobody wants to run it once and not be allowed to run it again....
    As someone else said, the screenshots look like ****! And the best thing? You need Vista to even run it!

Heh, I think I'll stick with Crysis to be my benchmark, Crysis also looks better.

7. Crossfire

Crossfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS Radeon HD 4670

+1

Also, why are people whining about it being DX10 ? I figured people would be wanting a DX10 benchmarking program because that's what all the latest video cards are. Some things about people I just don't understand. :infinity:

8. Animatrix

Animatrix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT OC2 512
  9. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Oh no, you have to pay the insane price of 7 dollars for a piece of software that took years to develop. What an outrage! Tell me, did your copy of Crysis come for free? Or did it cost more than 7 dollars?

10. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Matrix 285
    And John knocks it out of the park once again :D

11. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    I wouldn't worry about the prices of it people... I know of places and people right now ready to crack that stuff wide open and offer it for free as with any software its going to happen.

The only thing I hated about 3DMark06 was they required you to log in to see your score and that was stupid... I didn't care to go through all that junk and subject myself to their advertising to see what I placed.

As for this vista argument..well I've got Ultimate but feel like I got screwed from my extra's I was supposed to get that they are just now releasing.. I used it for maybe 2-3months then went back to XP since no games at the time and even now Crysis is the only real good game that uses DX10. I'm not missing much when I'm watching vista use memory like it does which is kinda uncalled for regardless of its purpose.

Will I ever go back to Vista...prob not, Windows 7 is so close and with SP3 just released for Xp I'm happy at this time. But I've used it enough to know it very well since I'm having to work on systems running it all the time now.

12. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    It's not like it requires skill to get a cracked version. But if people want to know why PC developers are pissed, I guess they can just look at threads like this.

13. meatfestival92

meatfestival92 Guest

GPU:
    Geforce 9800 GTX @ 815/2078/1180
    You get to run it once on trial? The hell with that.

14. Sampson

Sampson Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 970GTX
    I actually wouldn't mind buying this 3dmark. I was considering buying 3dmark06 but didn't think it would be around this long. Think about it, spend a measly 7$ and use a great benchmark program for id say at least a year? Sounds good to me!

15. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    It happens regardless if you don't want it to or not... nothing anyone can do about it but talking about it means nothing so don't get your panties in a bunch about discussion threads.

16. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I wasn't aware that pointing out the obvious is getting my "panties in a bunch". $7 isn't much.

17. meatfestival92

meatfestival92 Guest

GPU:
    Geforce 9800 GTX @ 815/2078/1180
    Limiting it to one run is far too severe. They should let you use it for 14 days or so... or maybe charge a subscription fee to post results to the ORB?

18. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Something tells me they'll hide data as well like milkshape, and that uninstalling and reinstalling won't work.

19. Nato.dbnz

Nato.dbnz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5870 Crossfire
    Lol, can't believe so many people are crying about $6.95. I think the company deserves the money and far too many people run free/pirated copies of 3dmark06. Seriously, i bet 3dmark06 gets run more times than most games you buy, over the course of its 2 year life span, they deserve to be paid for it.

20. StreeTunder

StreeTunder Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870 1024Mb
    Vista only?

Next.