AMD Catalyst 12.x (8.97 April 18) Unofficial BETA

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by marthand, Apr 23, 2012.

1. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Honestly if your driver installed correctly, BF3 got a HUGE IQ increase. I got MORE textures from this set. Everything that looked "flat" before now have a sense of dimension.

Maybe give driver sweeper a shot.

2. moheban79

moheban79 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6970 - 2GB Trifire
    Taking a Vacai

I think for some people installing the driver correctly is not enough. I know Ati can't account for every config but I think the Ati driver team took a vacation this month!

3. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Point being everywhere else on the net people report better textures in BF3. IQ went up.

So something is up if he is experiencing worse IQ. I'm sure it isn't the drivers.

4. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    This isn't needed. Just use the CCC that comes with the driver. There is a registry value that controls CCC's startup delay (it isn't set by default in the latest versions of CCC, but it still works).

Create a .reg file with the following code (for Windows 7/Vista 64 bit):
    Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ATI\ACE\Settings\CLI]
    "Delay"="0"
    This is likely how the .reg file should look for the 32 bit version of Windows (untested):
    Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ATI\ACE\Settings\CLI]
    "Delay"="0"
    The value of Delay is in seconds. CCC will start right at system startup with the delay set to 0. If you're heaving problems with a computer that has slow startup speeds, other startup programs interfering or you simply like a delayed start, try setting it a little higher or to how many seconds you want the CCC startup delay to be.
    Of course, instead of using a .reg file you can just manually edit/add the String value Delay with the value 0 in the appropriate registry key.

Last edited: May 1, 2012

5. peppercute

peppercute Guest

GPU:
    Msi 2080Ti TRIO
    Does this driver support Windows 8 Cp ?? wddm 1.1 or 1.2 ?
    thanks!

6. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    i thought this beta IS a win8 driver

ooh, gonna put this to 60 secs as i liked the feature

7. METAVISOR

METAVISOR Member

GPU:
    R7850 MSI Twin Frozer /oc
    Hi@ll,
    this is my first set of Ati driver for my new 7850(coming from gtx460!),
    having problems with ARMA2 game looks great, but bushes trees,looks like dissapearing or with no textures at all,any other ARMA2 fan with this issue?

8. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    set AA to override, adaptive or SuperSample in CCC and see if that helps

Trees are ususally Transparent textures, and require SSAA for proper antialiasing.

9. Rolly

Rolly Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7970
    I am having my system not responding after a long idle.
    Sometimes when my monitor has gone to sleep, the system hangs and a reset is needed.
    I believe it is related to the PowerPlay function of the drivers....
    Anybody knows a fix?

10. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    Could also be your motherboard

If there is an option in your bios to "WAKE BY PCI/PCIe" enable it.

11. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    dont you mean DONT override anything? that almost always causes artifacts like this

there was some f2p game mentioned a year ago on rage3d forums, forcing MSAA or AAA caused fences to just disappear

12. Thalyn

Thalyn Guest

The Settlers VII is one of those. If you force any level of pipeline FSAA, you'll wind up basically only seeing the terrain. Your choices for it are to use its internal FSAA routines, MLAA or some other post-render FSAA technique.

13. bioCor3

bioCor3 Guest

GPU:
    Windforce 670GTX
    I used to take kids like you out into the forest, pummel them a bit, then make them sit on an ant's nest for a while. They learned respect for their fellow humans real quick and stopped beating and picking on kids younger than them or giving cheek to their elders. - actually that was Lord of the Flies, but don't let lies get in the way of a totally rubbish story.

Brats got no respect these days. You just complain about everything. If you just stuck with a working set of drivers on your card it would work, but you think if you install every new set of drivers your frames per second will go up by X amount every time. Driver updates are to try and fix problems that charlie tio has with X brand TV not working with TV OUT because of wrong cable or some random game problem that happens because fred bong has because his CPU GPU RAM are sitting 1MHz from catching on fire or he has so much crud installed it's a miracle his PC even boots. I quit developing drivers long ago because it is a thankless task and someone always blamed some user problem on a totally solid set of drivers. :pc1:

Last edited: May 2, 2012
  14. BenchAndGames

BenchAndGames Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4070 Ti
    You do not need 12.3 CAP1 Profile, having these drivers ? " 12.x (8.97 April 18) "
    I've done tests with the CAP Profile, and is the same performance and FPS's, that without these CAP installed. Only drivers 8.97

And a very curious thing is that the CAP installed, Battlefield 3 has much stuttering, but if I uninstall the CAP, it seems that the stuttering disappears.

15. Yoshpop

Yoshpop Member Guru

GPU:
    1080 SLI 2.05GHz
    Thanks for taking the time to do the comparison. I've noticed a little stuttering as well lately and will uninstall the CAPs to see if it changes anything since we have similar systems.

16. bokloz

bokloz Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980Ti
    what about crysis 2 ??

17. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    you using afterburner or trrixx?

18. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    Have found that with 12.4 kingdoms of amalur is not performing as good as with feb 24th drivers. very laggy in comparison.

19. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    stuttering from CAP? but the .blb XML in 12.3cap1 is identical to the beta

EDIT: i was doing something horribly wrong with the blb->xml, nevermind... now i'm trying to get the syntax right to make an XML out of any CAP without it installed

Last edited: May 5, 2012
  20. Comrade_Jerkov

Comrade_Jerkov Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1080 G1
    Just installed them after doing a thorough uninstall. I did all of the folder and registry cleaning myself (like always since driver sweeper deleted several files preventing Windows 7 from updating to SP1, oh well got that fixed haha)

anyways back on subject

My driver shows that the catalyst version is 11.12 and yet it says the driver package is 8.97-120418a-137336E-ATI. Does everybody elses CCC say 11.12??