Official Samung Galaxy S7 Thread

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by DeathAngel74, Mar 13, 2016.

1. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I don't use one.

2. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Today got a screen protector for s7 edge. Always believed curve screen protection is hard to apply. Day 1. Can't comment will see in long term but this feels very elastic. And good no finger print magnet.

I must say note 7 vs s7 edge screen, note is less finger print magnet. Must be different screen types.

Still waiting for note 7 second gens.

3. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    First time I've bought Spigen, definitely won't be the last, loving it

No plastic on this case either, the whole thing is one piece rubber (Carbon fibre texture? Whatever that means lol)

4. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    wich screen protector you order???

5. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Fast charging isn't exactly amazing I've noticed, from a partially charged phone it says something like 34 minutes until fully charged, switch to normal charging, 37 minutes until fully charged

Normal charge - No heat
    Fast charge - Phone gets pretty warm

6. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Was about to ask where that option was, but im being lazy lol.
    Using a non fast charge charger is a huge difference though, assuming the software option is just tweaking it for further, maybe to win some benchmarks.

I did notice an issue with the phone at the weekend, while driving down to Penrith and using Google Maps I ran into signal issues, we all did but my wife's LG G5 kept a 4G signal when I couldn't, and even when I was was completely offline.

Both on Vodafone.

7. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Yea you're probably right about the charger being the main thing, it's a fairly quick charge either way, don't see the need for the extra heat with fast though, unless I was in a hurry and every % counted

Not noticed any signal issues, or any differences to my old S5's signal, I'm on o2

8. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Me either, will disable it now and check from 1% as my phone is approaching that now.

I haven't had a issue signal wise here, it was a remote location with lots of trees, but was surprised I had to ditch my phone and switch to the LG G5 to use the maps.

9. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    It tells you in the notification dropdown how long until fully charged, got to disconnect it to switch between fast and normal though

Obviously the two phones have different hardware, modems etc, but I wouldn't expect the difference to be that drastic

10. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Forgot to do it when it got low, but from 77% it said 36 minutes on normal, but 35mins on fast charge.

Both seem high for that high though, will time it myself if I get time.

11. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Yea, the speed difference between normal and fast is so little it's hardly worth the degradation to the battery the extra heat is likely causing

I haven't timed it's estimate to real time yet, assumed it would be fairly accurate already

12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Fast charging is a lot faster than normal charging. 35 minutes to fully charge from 77%? Seems odd. It should fully charge from around 40% in 35 minutes.

13. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Only a few minutes faster using fast vs normal for me, not even 5 mins quicker

14. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Did try making this just on the S7, it worked, but no site I could find could host a 6.5MB gif for some reason, or they added huge top bottom borders to it

[​IMG]

15. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC

16. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Hmmm, that might explain why the phone was really warm just browsing and was the video was freezing (audio kept playing) on YouTube.

17. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Yea I thought it might be an idea to post it here, I was playing with the Oculus stuff yesterday and I got the update but uninstalled the whole thing earlier before finding out about the drain bug, so didn't notice anything

EDIT - Actually, I did notice something, I was playing with Open Camera, and the whole phone was stuttering and freezing, I blamed the camera app and removed it, bet it was the Oculus update

Bad news all round that company and their mothership FB

18. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    Do you have the vr gear 2 headset ?

19. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I don't have any Gear VR headset yet, I used SideloadVR app to trick it into working with my cardboard (Sort of, still needed to press the screen to select stuff, so uninstalled the lot)

20. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I got the headset with the phone, and it's great, much better than i expected.
    A massive laugh watching other people use it as well.

Today i uninstalled all the VR stuff though, think ive saw everything, and I have a baby crawling around so don't get to use it now anyway.

It was taking up over 1gb storage as well..