Nvidia Surround 3 monitors issues

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by saminator99, May 20, 2013.

1. saminator99

saminator99 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX670Sli 2GB
    I have a very weird issue that I'm having now with my 3 display setup using 670 in SLI.
    when i span a cross 3 monitors my third monitor that is connected to the second card is brighter or the contrast is higher than other two, i have tried many solutions but with no luck.
    the Brightness and contrast level of all monitors in monitors settings are all same
    non of these tries worked:

Different cable
    Swap monitor

This is happening only when i connect any of the monitors to second card (card below) and with all of them spanned across only

Any help would be appreciated

2. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    What type of displays are you using what type of cables ad have you checked to see if there is anything in color options to adjust just the second card.

3. saminator99

saminator99 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX670Sli 2GB
    3 monitors issue

Thanks for your reply
    Im using Syncmaster S24B350 these monitors have HDMI and VGA only and im using HDMI for all of them except my main middle monitor had to use a DVI adaptor on the Card.

The strange thing is that all screens would look identical in color and brightness even contrasts with all settings being same as long as all of them are in extended mode but when i span them a cross through Nvidia control panel the left one would look brighter than others and it is very obvious one too.

If i plug the left one to the first card then it will become fine but then the one i swapped it with become brighter, this clearly is second card related
    I wonder if this is caused because the second card is defective somehow
    Have you experienced an issue like this before. I'm new with 3 monitors setup so i wouldn't have a clue , but i searched everywhere and no discussion similar to this so far.

Do you think its the driver
    I'm using the 320.14

4. saminator99

saminator99 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX670Sli 2GB
    3 monitors issue

Once spanned a cross 3 monitors the option to control brightness and colors of individual monitors in Nvidia control panel is not possible

5. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I have experienced it with mine because I used two dvi and one HDMI cable the HDMI was brighter they are now all dvi. It may be color shift from the viewing angle. Can you adjust brightness or gamma on the monitor directly?

6. DAWG1

DAWG1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 670 sli
    Could you try switching the cards and connecting two monitors to the "brighter" card and see what happens? Not a fix but would be interested to see what happens.

7. saminator99

saminator99 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX670Sli 2GB

Well I dot think its color shift cuz all look the same when in extended mode.

8. saminator99

saminator99 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX670Sli 2GB

This is a very good idea i shall do that tonight when i get home cuz this will confirm wither card is faulty or not .

Thanks ill keep you updated

9. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Your misunderstanding me what I am referring to is the viewing angle on your monitor causing the colors to either look brighter or dimmer. Do you have a link to the monitors you re currently using?

EDIT: on second read what drivers are you running currently have you tried doing a clean install of the latest WHQL drivers?

Last edited: May 23, 2013