I want to enter MotorCycling.

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Mr.Bigtime, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    feet fingers :D. i think my legs r short? :D

2. NVIDIA_X64

NVIDIA_X64 Member

GPU:
    PNY RTX 3090 XLR8
    Hello

I have a CBR125 and have been using it for my daily commute every day for over a year i am now looking to move up to a CBR 600:banana: Mainly because I have been so impressed with the reliability of of the 125 I mean I got the bike with 14000 miles on the clock it now has 29000 miles and still pulls and goes as well as the day I got it. The only things that you have to do is change is the engine oil every 2500 miles and spark plug and it will never let you down.

Also remember to look after chain give it a good clean every 600-1000 miles:)

Pic:[​IMG]
    image upload

3. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Ahhh man. Thank you! And that blue color is amazing. Wish it exist here too. İt would pick it.

4. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    RR or F4i/F4/F3 ?

I dont clean that chain tbh, just add more chain oil or what even it's called at like every 500km or so.

29 000miles isnt that impressive, dunno how those 125cc ones compare to bigger ones but meh. If I was looking for some 600cc ones I would take a look at Kawa zx-6r (the 636). A bit more power than others. Then again, have not riden that one, had 2004 YZF-R6 myself.

Tbh Japanese sport bikes just work these days, very bad motorcycle manufacturers are gone as they cant afford to make **** (other than the Harley Davidson). I have had Honda VFR800 from 1998, Kawa Z750 from 2004, Yamaha R6 from 2004 and atm rocking with Honda CBR929 from 2001. No problems with any of those. VFR had I think 78t km when I crashed it, Kawa had 50t km when I sold it, R6 something like 33t (when I sold it) and current CBR929 one has 28t km... No problems with any of those, just do the service as manual says and have fun.

5. elkosith

elkosith Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RX 6600
    Is the new CBR 150 available in Turkey?

[​IMG]

6. scheherazade

scheherazade Ancient Guru

GPU:
    fullHDs
    wr250
    - 4 stroke
    - fuel injected

Its like a mini motard.
    Fast enough, small, nimble at slow speeds, and can do moderate off-roading if desired.

Big bikes require a lot of skill to go slow, especially crotch rockets with poor steering deflection.
    They need you to tilt them over HARD to make low radius slow turns - which requires more throttle/clutch control than a bike that can just turn the wheel hard to begun with.
    Which is why I recommend a light dual sport, before moving up.
    (A scooter rides nothing like a full up right motorcycle)

Note : You're on your tip toes in the cbr because a taller bike can lean more before the engine will touch the ground. Its a performance feature.

-scheherazade

Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  7. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
  8. elkosith

elkosith Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RX 6600
    Reminds me to this:

[​IMG]

Originally designed for ladies so they do not need to lift up their leg to get on the bike like they must do if they want to get onto this:

[​IMG]

9. tamzid

tamzid Master Guru

GPU:
    His iceq4 turbo 4850 512
    if didn't already buy it... i would recommend you to go for honda stunner cbf 125cc if it is available and honda cbr150r.... from my personal experience... both of them are awesome bikes .... and about honda cbr125r... it is good as well.. a bit sluggish but it has a top notch performance for it's price... I personally am biased towards honda.... but if you still want to go yamaha.. R15 version 2.0 150cc is a hell of a bike...

10. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Old WR250 = 2-stroke, new ones are WR250F (4-stroke). Or Yamaha just calls those WR250 to confuse people.

Dual sport, some street fighter style bike is not much harder to handle at low speeds, CB600F Hornet, Z750 Kawa and so. CB600F is good for a first bike.

And I still disagree about those 125cc or 150cc supersport bikes.

11. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    This is the exactly one i saw yesterday on the local store. Im pickingnthe black one. :)

12. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    I bought Honda crb 125 black. And even learned how to drive. Damn shifting is abit confusing. I will etg used to it i guess.

I will get the licence plate tomorrow. And the driving licence in october lol.

Abit slow at acceleration on 50-60 km. but it is satisfying on 0 to 40-50.

Strongly recommend to anyone who thinks about it.

Now need a helmet.

Can u advice me from here pls?
    http://dukkanlar.gittigidiyor.com/Feyizoglu_Motosiklet/Kask/

13. scheherazade

GPU:
    fullHDs
    If you care for talking with anyone, get the kind with the flip-up chin portion.

Few of those are DOT/Snell rated, though.

-scheherazade

14. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Congrats, Biggie, and get as much training as possible. A couple suggestions:

Your front brakes provide most of your stopping power, especially as weight transfers forward under braking. Squeeze the lever with two fingers max - don't GRAB it.

Remember to look down the road through the corners, and not directly in front of your front wheel. The bike will naturally go exactly where you are looking; you don't want to end up off-roading.

Best of luck, man. Motorcycling is one of the great pleasures in life. I've got a list of motorcycle trips to last the rest of my life. If I make it to Turkey, you gotta show me around.

Edit - a couple of book suggestions:

http://www.amazon.com/Total-Control...1742&sr=8-1&keywords=total+control+motorcycle

http://www.amazon.com/Proficient-Motorcycling-Ultimate-Guide-Riding/dp/1933958359/ref=pd_sim_b_1

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  15. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Hmm. I will be riding around with my wife so, that flip up model? Hmm. And what dot/snell taed means? They r bad?

Haha thanx man. And yes. I was not even able to ride it 4 hours ago and then riding with my wife around the neighbourhood lol :). Young wife= more brave lol.

Thanx for the tips man. Yeah they told me its like %70 of the brake goes to front break , rest is rear.
    My worker told me that i can use atip like, pull - leave,pull-leave rapidly fastly, the front break. So it creates like an abs like effect. Tried , pleased. But my top speed for now is 50km:). Im not that brave yet :D

Still cant make sharp turns like. Driving in the right lane and turning to right way. I cant make it sharply. But well, this is my first day of my life with a bike.

Practise will make it perfect i think. But what ever happens, i will no go to a traffic crowd with a motorcycle. Unsafe, and stressfull

16. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Not to be a buzzkill, Biggie, but practice only makes perfect if you practice good techniques. Otherwise, you're just creating bad habits which could get you hurt, and I see tons of people every day with obviously little training.

I strongly disagree with the squeeze, release, squeeze, release braking technique you described. It's nearly impossible to lock up the front wheel. You'll endo (flip forward) before that happens.

Hate to come off as a nanny here, but it takes way more skill to ride a bike than drive a car, and the consequences of poor ability can be deadly. In the US, getting a learner's permit is as simple as going to the DMV and paying for one - and then you're on your own. Hopefully, your country takes it more seriously.

For low-speed maneuvering, the "Ride Like a Pro" DVDs are fantastic.

17. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    owww. its very good to hear from u man. maybe u r saving m life here. I'm glad u r here and talking to me. wish u here man :D

i heard there s a RIDING TECHNIQUES SCHOOL in my city. i didn't think that it is a MUST but as u say, i better visit them.

and i better search those dvds u talking about.

i greatly thank u man. i will be more careful and observe the resources about better techniques.

18. elkosith

elkosith Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RX 6600
    I think DOT = Department of Transportation, meaning that the helmet passed the DOT safety requirement standards. In my country it's called SNI, all helmets here must past this standard and have the SNI logo on it.

Rear brake is more for balancing the bike when braking. Use both brakes equally.

Practice makes perfect. The first few weeks of me on my first bike, 40 kph felt very fast, 60 kph was speeding :)

When you've master your bike, going through traffic on a bike is a lot faster, easier, and less stressful compared if you must stay in the car and wait for the line to move.

Enjoy your new ride :D
    (It's more fun if your pillion is a GF, not a wife lol)

19. scheherazade

GPU:
    fullHDs
    Here's a random google result for 'flip up helmet'.

http://www.cyclematters.com/motorcy...es/schuberth-c3-flip-up-motorcycle-helmet.cfm

As you can see, you can open the visor, and you can also open the entire front.

This would allow you to eat something with your helmet on, and would also allow you to speak without having to yell.

But it's not as safe as a fixed full-face helmet, because in a crash the helmet's 'jaw element' can break off.

However, it's still better than an open-faced helmet.

-scheherazade

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  20. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Thanx for the info man. and glad my wife doenst know english and can't read that. :D

so i better by a flip up helmet then. hmm..better not to buy a online helmet but visit local store and see which is more comfortable etc..thanx guys ..see u all :)