GTX 560Ti problem playing Tera

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Bump321, May 3, 2012.

1. Bump321

Bump321 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 560ti
    I just started playing Tera and with a fresh driver install the game runs perfect No stutters, high fps etcetc....
    I then restart my PC and the game runs like crap even from the intro 90-99% gpu usage drops to 0% giving huge 1-5second stutters... If you fresh install drivers (Any drivers) it's perfect again

Any ideas? It's the only game which causes this problem for me I can run BF3 on preset high @ 1080p with solid 60fps so I dont think it's a faulty card could I be wrong? (Others have the same problem seems to not affect every card tho) https://forum.tera-e...ead.php?t=71701 <-- Link to Support thread for more info on the problem

Specs: i5 2500k, 8gb ram, GTX 560Ti stock, 650w corsair TX

Should I RMA this card? or wait for updates o_O ??

Thankyou

2. suture

suture Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1070 GTX
    Something similar happened to me when i bought the 570 gtx.
    I installed the drivers, played wow perfectly, restarded the pc and then sucked as hell. laggy, low fps, too many hdd readings, etc.

i think it was a driver issue, i uninstalled every single nvidia program, and rebooted after every uninstall, and finally installed the newest drivers.
    Never happened again.

hope that helps.

3. Bump321

Bump321 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 560ti
    I've not fully tested this but after 5-10mins of playing i seem to of fixed my problem..
    I own a ASUS card which comes with a recording program i believe it was called OSD ?? This was causing a conflict remove it restart and i was golden!

Hope this helps if anyone has my problem