Bugbear's next car game.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by blesner, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Phreakuency

Phreakuency Guest

GPU:
    Asus Titan
    Nope. You are thinking of Motor Rock that released on Steam a week or so ago.

2. Phreakuency

Phreakuency Guest

GPU:
    Asus Titan

That's the whole early access argument right there.

It's up to you to trust whether the dev comes good on their promises. Because they can basically stay in early access forever and take the money and run.

That's the extreme I guess, especially since even Steam have said they will never give refunds if you've purchased an early access game and it's then cancelled.

For this game in particular, what you get now is the 2.0 Tech Demo and also a couple pretty complete tracks (AI still buggy) and a destruction derby mode.

Was well worth the $25 for me to try it now and get a taste, knowing i'll have the full game paid for when it finally releases.

3. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    If I'm honest with you I've never been one to do the whole Steam Early Access thing either, but then there's never really been anything else on there that's got me all that excited.

It just seems like such a long time since we've had a decent racing game like this, that I almost feel I have to support it just to keep the genre alive, Bugbear have made some truly great games in the past so I'm comfortable parting with some money to help them create the best game they can.

The risk of them not reaching their goals is a real one which could result in being out of pocket, but at least I would feel like I gave it a fair chance.

4. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Bought it last night and tested this game , not bad Bugbear not bad. It is still pre-alpha , but is running great for me at this stage , I am looking forward for the whole game to be finish and release later on , they have gone back to the roots (FlatOut) and well done. It leaves me wanting more and more right away , lots of fun. Cannot wait :)

5. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lol their Early Access is actually called "Next Car Game". I hope it turns out nicely. Sick of having just NFS or codemasters games.

6. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    This game is pretty fun. The races aren't really races, just the AI running everyone off the road or into trees. But the game runs really smooth for 24 car races with chunks of cars and debris flying everywhere at every turn.

7. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    +1 :thumbup:

I like the way it's going :D = Steam's Weekly Top Sellers January 27 2014.

1. DayZ
    2. Rust
    3. Starbound
    4. Saints Row IV
    5. The Banner Saga
    6. The Hitman Collection
    7. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
    8. Insurgency
    9. Blackguards
    10. * Next Car Game *

http://www.guru3d.com/news_story/steams_weekly_top_sellers_january_27_2014.html

8. ricardonuno1980

ricardonuno1980 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti Classified :D
    I played this nice demo! :D But my framerate dropped stupidly from 60 to 30 fps. Can never back to 60 fps until re-run game!? It's abnormal. :confused:

9. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  10. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Bugbear should just buy back the flatout franchise and keep it safe, at present thanks to the wonderful game that was FO3, it's dead, cremated, and had it's ashes thrown onto a steamroller test track, but i think this game under the FO name could go a long way to rebooting it.

11. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Well it still feels and looks like flatout, not a big deal. :D

I bought it on summer flash sale for 14.39e, was well worth it. Only wish they release it soon, this alpha/beta stage is a bit so so.. 1-2 tracks lag a bit occasionally.

12. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Try paying £30 for it alone, and it was unplayable, and was dropping down to single figure fps, crashing to desktop, no physics at all, no car deformation, no clipping bugs up the wazzo, and mutiplayer did not work period, and by the time they got it working the word was out and it was dead in the water.

Yeap well worth my £30. lol

This was the second last game i ever pre-orderd, A:CM being the last, and i have to say, that's the one positive about the game. :)

13. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I was talking about this Next car game atm. Not that crappy Flatout3 from some noname R6 company xD

Imo even Flatout Ultimate carnage looked better then this so called Flatout3 :)

14. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^Oh, you have already tried the new game, spill the beans. :)

15. spider

spider Guest

GPU:
    GTX760 OC 4GB
    Today's update added multiplayer support.
    Its so much fun.

16. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    thanks spider, it indeed looks loads of fun, i enjoyed the physics.

17. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Readme.txt from the new update, now called "Wreckfest".
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/228380/discussions/0/613937942912124050/

18. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    i looked into this last night a fair while, think it'll be my next purchase, the physics engine demo was awesome fun to see.

19. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    http://steamcommunity.com/games/228380/announcements/detail/242413803139076759

This was posted a couple of weeks ago but now the update is (finally) out. :)

20. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    This is one of the few early access games I'm glad I bought.