Nvidia GeForce 310.61 Beta Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by AndyB, Nov 20, 2012.

1. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Borderlands 2 with these, 3 player co op TVHM lv. 46, on the way to take on Bunker, one of the guys was using hax so we had unlimited weapon ammo, noticeably better framerate for sure (also using willowengine.ini tweaks).

2. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I'm getting some really bad z-buffer/texture flickering in the snowy environments of Sequence 3 of Assassin's Creed III with these drivers. It really is distracting as it is so bad. I'm playing at 1920x1200 with maxed out settings and TXAA. I'm not forcing anything through the game profile. It's really disappointing to have issues like this at a game's launch because by the time it is fixed I'll have long finished the game. I really wish NVIDIA would do more to ensure that their drivers are working properly for the major releases. In the last month I've bought three games that have disappointing performance on my GTX 680 SLI setup: Need for Speed: Most Wanted (no SLI support and stuttery cornering), Hitman Absolution (poor SLI scaling) and now this game with its texture flickering. The commonality is that they all use DirectX 11 which makes me wonder if there's some kind of issue with it on NVIDIA hardware.

*EDIT*
    The Call of Duty: Black Ops II SLI flag: 0x020000F5 seems to work fine with Assassin's Creed III and there's NO flickering at all. However, I'm not sure that the SLI scaling is as good as the original flag as I'm only getting 45 fps in Sequence 3 (Frontier). At least there's no horrid flickering.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  3. DarkRefreshment

DarkRefreshment Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 680m 4gb
    PlanetSide 2

I have the MSI GT60-0NE and I've loaded the new drivers. I can get 50 - 60 fps now in PlanetSide 2 versus before the driver update I was getting 9 - 12 fps. However, after about 3 - 5 minutes I'm crashing to a BSOD about watchdog pointing to a nvidia .sys file. If I use just the HD4000 intel card (optimus) I can play for hours with no crashes but only 19 fps on low settings. Any thoughts on what to do here? I've reloaded the drivers fresh, restored to an earlier save state in Windows 8 and still nothing once I load the drivers. Sometimes it's BSOD on the login screen of the game before I even get into the actual matches.

4. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I just installed this driver and i noticed something by DeusEX Human Revolution;

I think i found the cause for that camera stutter, its build-in FXAA and MLAA fault (at MLAA its not so much), edge AA eliminates it completely.

Edit: but CTD issue remains at 1 - 2 frame to render ahead once it loads actual game, auto or 3 fixes it.

And its weird, now at auto (app. controlled) it doesn't stutter with fxaa, at 3 it does. Guess I'll just play with application controlled.

5. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX4090 OC
    The freaking "stuck in 3D clock problem" is back!!! OMFG!

PS: Clean install... C'mon nVidia guys, I thought this had been solved AGES ago!

6. samappz

samappz Guest

GPU:
    Dual Nvidia 680M SLI
    FIX THE P-STATE bugs / clock bugs PLEASE NVIDIA LISTEN

7. Visuallyvisible

Visuallyvisible Active Member

GPU:
    Jumped ship from amd to nvidia...Better drivers & better support with faster fixes etc remains to be seen.

670 rocks it hard but feels like Nvidia have gone north with delivering the quality in drivers. :-(

8. Iruwen

Iruwen Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    Except for 310.54 crashing for me like many others, I've yet to experience problems I could hold Nvidia responsible for. Most of the time it's the game developer's fault.

9. Retrolock

Retrolock Guest

GPU:
    G1 Gaming GTX 970
    :cheers: thanks man! Though I might hold off a bit because the 310.54 drivers are working just okay for me.

10. medo3000

medo3000 Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M
    Weird problem , when i open gpu-z the gpu always run at 3d clock and when i try to play hd video the gpu is down to 2d clock.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

11. samappz

samappz Guest

GPU:
    Dual Nvidia 680M SLI
    FIX THE CLOCK BUGS NVIDIA pls..

12. kcuestag

kcuestag Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti G1
    These drivers are amazing for Battlefield 3 (Multiplayer, I don't play SP), the FPS drop downs caused by smoke in vehicle explosions seem to be gone (This happened using SSAO/HBAO), now it never drops below 60fps, before it could easily drop to 30-35fps on heavy explosions which was really annoying, those slow downs are gone, these are perfect!!

13. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Use NvInpector and disable AO settings and set AO usage to Off, same as for SWTOR and other engines that don't support AO well enough.

14. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I did a fresh installation of Windows 7 this morning and I just tested the game with this driver again, SLI kicks in normally now.

15. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Really? That's awesome. No more slow downs due to smoke/fog?

I'm gonna forward this info to my buddies on GTX 6 series cards.

Thanks for posting this.

16. Iruwen

Iruwen Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    He probably wants to use it :D But there are more important things to fix, ANet has to sort out their engine problems first.

17. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    So is it enabled and enabled badly in game then? How so?

Thanks for info.

Also all I have to do to disable it is make sure AO setting and usage if set to off right?

AO setting was already off but usage was enabled.

18. N1GhTW4lK3R

N1GhTW4lK3R Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 4090 EK LC
    I have some issues with Crysis 2 maldoHD 4.0. Low GPU Usage (45-65% in both GPU's) and stuttering in some situations. WTF...can someone Help me?

19. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    I'd like to confirm that my buddy on his 680 confirms that the slow downs from smoke/fog in BF3 is fixed. I haven't heard back from my buddy with the 690 yet, but I'll post here when I do.

20. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Thank god, I thought I messed up something with my previous driver installations as AndyB says this is identical to the previous beta other than Hitman and Planetside.