Nvidia GeForce Beta 275.27

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by basco, May 17, 2011.

1. anamericangod

anamericangod Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 460 SOC 1GB
    This definitely helped, thank you.

Hopefully whatever driver is next gives some more performance increase and saves your settings.

2. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Actually those automated overclocking functions increase voltages so much, just to make every CPU work well with them, that they normally exceed the "healthy" range by far. Automated overclocking is fine for testing purposes but a really bad idea for any long-term use.
    The second thing is that there's no need to adjust any RAM timings/settings with SB platform as the only overclock reasonable is done through multiplier changes.

PS: If anyone is having problems with Shift 2 and this driver -> try to force GPU physics and AF through the Nvidia panel. I got rid both of the day race problems (performance went from ~60 in normal races to ~10 in others) and night race problems (instead of ~60 I got maybe 20 fps).

3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I haven't checked back through the thread but these drivers include beta FXAA support for OpenGL which works well in Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath (which otherwise doesn't support AA) and Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena (when SSAO is enabled).

Just use NVIDIA Inspector and go to the Other section where you'll see a "Toggle FXAA on and off" setting: change it from 0x0 to 0x1 to enable it. It works really well, the only issue being it leaves a green square in the top-left corner of the screen for some reason where Afterburner's OSD should be. Could be some sort of indicator that FXAA is working though as it doesn't appear in games where FXAA does NOT work.

FXAA can only be used in OpenGL games at the moment and unlike AMD's MLAA doesn't appear to blur text and HUD elements noticeably so I can't wait until it's working with DirectX then we might actually be able to have working AA in games like GTA IV.

4. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    I have fxaa enable for brink and have the green square but I still jagged edges:(

5. killfactor

killfactor Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX275 SLI
    Just had a look at the "update" section in the control panel and noticed there was an "SLI & Game Profile" update done on the 29/05/2011 (today).

If I click details it says:
    "This update improves performance, stability, or feature set for programs and games."

But does not mention what games/profiles have been updated/fixed etc.

Anyone know?

6. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Just checked, no updates :S

7. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I like the "automatic OC" on my ASRock board... It ensures you won't have problems down the road, because the system won't post if you use them with an i7 870.... I can manually OC to 3.6ghz just fine though, as long as I don't mind my system acting stupid if returned to stock clocks....or magically losing 4GB of ram every other boot when OC'd....

8. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    yea FXAA is useless atm..

And Batman AA has some serious issues in winxp, i see strange artifacts once i start to fight (yellow characters, and colorful triangles kinda like those normal in Dirt3).. im using dual boot and its fine in win7.

9. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    You should check the energy consumption with the "auto" button and with manual settings. If you have the time to check stability and maybe add 1-2 notches above the "stable" voltage you'll get a completely stable 24/7 setting that gives you improved performance while maintaining efficiency.
    Why would you want to use 1.4V for example if 1.25 is enough? That's how these autopilots work.

10. Teisco

Teisco Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Auros 1080Ti
    Strange,,,these drivers will not let me use 1920x1080 rez. They go to 1600 and the customize button is greyed out. When I first install them they will go to 1080p but if I reboot they revert to 1600,,,thus all my games will not show a 1080p rez also.

11. WDeranged

WDeranged Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 580 Twin Frozr II
    I dunno if it's related as these are the first drivers I've tried with this card, Fallout 3 is going a bit mental, loading screens are bitmap garbage full of pipboy icons, menu options keep vanishing and eventually it crashes.

The Witcher 2 is running pretty well though, I can play it for hours without an issue, more performance would be nice but I'm hoping Nvidia are working on that.

12. bOse

bOse Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    Im getting plenty of BSODS with this driver on winxp x86 .

Especially when watching videos .

13. cold2010

cold2010 Member Guru

GPU:
    HD 4870
    dirt3

1920.1080 , max,aa4

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. anamericangod

anamericangod Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 460 SOC 1GB
    Add me to the list of people getting seemingly more BSODs with these drivers.

They work great and are the best drivers out there right now in my opinion, but every now and again something glitches and boom. A minor inconvenience for the time being.

Fingers crossed for the next version. Oh yeah and the Dragon Age 2 1.03 patch which is supposed to be massive as hell.

15. DJ_Casper

DJ_Casper Guest

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4070 Dual
    early first week of June or next week we will see the WHQL drivers!

16. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    No BSODs or anything, running perfectly fine :)

Any idea what will be different in the WHQL? I don't think it'll be much different from this one.

17. Thunder

Thunder Guest

GPU:
    GTX 680
  18. intellimoo

intellimoo Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 SUPER GamX
    275.33 WHQL out yesterday on nvidia!

Win7x64, thought I'd try the nvidia updater part (haven't before), but it would fail to install (and caused the physx to not install since that is last). Otherwise the nv updater did install on an xp32 system just fine.

4PM ET: Wow! Still no news on guru3d downloads page about it! Guess wasting too much time on computex. lol

Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  19. eddieveenstra

eddieveenstra Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780@1150MHz
    The new 275.33 driver has support for sli in Assassins creed brotherhood. Have played metro 2033, F1 2010, Crysis 2 and dirt 3 and they all played without issues on my 580gtx sli system. Keepers for me..:cheers:

20. andersondiaz

andersondiaz Master Guru

GPU:
    gigabyte r9 290X