ArmA 3 Looks Fantastic In VR With Oculus Rift

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. V@IO

V@IO Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti @ 1233/7400MHz
    Looks cool,however this supposedly "True-PC" game runs like absolute dog shiznit on my pc, which is by no means a slouch. Wish they would optimize this game so i can actually enjoy it.

3. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    I hope the Arcade Game Industry is paying attention to this just cause the price of such an apparatus will not be really feasible for the Home game industry for some time.

Could you imagine motor vehicle games on this, considering your feet would not have to touch the ground and you would be sitting on or in a device that would mimic the movement of the vehicle, then you had the VR helmet on, would feel very immersive.

Arma 3 looks like to much work for the average lazy gamer thou. And fat people this thing would really be a chore.

Bring it on!

4. V@IO

V@IO Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti @ 1233/7400MHz
    LOL, at-least they'll be getting their daily exercise !

5. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I think some of the more powerful PC hardware will have to progress some for the mainstream for Arma 3 to really shine. Its abit like how Crysis was..."Its playable but not how you would want to play it". This game will mature in a few years i think. Occulus rift does look good and the time does seem to be right, dont know how its going to fare with people who have epileptic fits though.

6. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    The problem we have right now is, few games support this. Game developers are slow to provide this type of tech. Look at TrackIR for instance. It's been around for years but most game developers have ignored it. By the time games can use the Oculus Rift it will be obsolete.

7. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Game developers are slow to adopt this tech because the average gamer isn't interested in stuff like this.

8. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    I can imagine the potential this has combined with the correct RPG title, besides this Arma 3 video, the only other Oculus project I've seen is Eve Valkyrie, which... I can imagine would be much fun.

9. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    How could gamers ever get interested in this tech if no games handle it. If most games allowed this type of device,it stands to reason that more gamers would want it. I know I would. As it stands right now, why invest in TrackIR or Oculus if only one or two games utilize it?