71.89 , gf 6800u problem

Discussion in '3D Stereo and VR Gaming Section' started by yenca, Apr 27, 2005.

1. yenca

yenca New Member

GPU:
    GeForce 4 ti 4600
    Fist of all, sorry for my english, im spanish!

.....I cant seem to get stereo working with the two latest set of driver(71.84 and 71.89).
    I install the driver correctly, medical test works, and the other test with the nvidia spinning logo also works perfectly, so they should also work with the games!
    ...but they dont, for example, in swat 4, i enable stereo ingame but the "stereo effect" (2 separate images) only works if im looking at the ground and in other areas it doesnt, strange!
    ....in painkiller with stereo enabled I get the stereo effect except the gun model wich only has one image (two needed to produce sereo).

I have tried diferent types of setting and combinations with aa,af, vsync, quality, res and fastwrites,its a no go!

Please help me out!. Thanks

gf 6800u
    win xp pro sp2
    71,89 combo

Last edited: Apr 27, 2005
  2. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    You should try tweaking the settings while in the game.
    Not the card's settings like fastwrites or vsync, but the separation, convergence settings.

3. MaLow17

MaLow17 Guest

probably a solution

I would say, that it's normal in Painkiller cuz the weaponmodels are no real 3D-obejcts. I have a GF4 4600 Ti and its the same effect (weaponmodel no 3D-stereo).
    And to S.W.A.T 4, try to disable the Blur-Effect in the video options (activate custom options), then u will have 3dstereo in fullscreen.
    Yes I am on weed, and it kicksass :D, have fun...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2005
  4. Hajile

Hajile Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d FX 5900xt
    Actually, i think it only looks that way for painkiller weapons (and pretty much any 3D game) coz the gun is so close to the default camera.

The camera alternates between the two position, two inches on either side of the default camera position to simulate stereo. Sight a gun by holding it right up to your nose, and a little to the right, and looking at it with either eye, you'll get the same effect. We usually just disable the weapons anyway, it's so close you get cross-eyed even if it does show up on both screens.

As for the other games, although it may be listed in the game listing in the stereo drivers, it doesn't necessarily mean the settings are correct. The screen would usually only seem a little further or closer than normal, there's no convergence point so it doesn't look 3D. The reason they didn't set the correct convergence as the default is that you would usually lose the HUD if you do that. The hud would actually end up <between> the two camera positions, so you won't be able to see it. You can manually set the stereo values to get the correct 3D effect but expect to lose the hud.

The drivers should be able to save the new values so you don't have to set them every time.

Then go here

http://gsoftware.no-ip.com/stereo/
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=131085

and upload your settings to the guys site :D

BTW, you also might want to disable the crosshairs too and use the one that came with the stereo drivers (laser sight). It automatically adjusts itself depending on where you're looking so if you're aiming for something in the distance, it automatically adjusts to that distance as well so you won't get crosseyed. Just try it, and compare it to the ingame crosshair =P

5. yenca

yenca New Member

GPU:
    GeForce 4 ti 4600
    :) everything is working now! i found out that in painkiller you have to uncheck the option "hi res weapon model" .

thanks for the solution to swat4, damm , its great in 3d!

6. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    You had to uncheck it?
    Weird. I had everything on high in Painkiller, and it was a killer in Stereo.
    Oh and btw, the weapons in painkiller ARE 3D models.